RealColor Mod READY FOR DOWNLOAD!!

Gunslinger ... another gem .... as usual !! :cool:

Chris ..... A BIG THANKS for hosting this mod ... though i have ADSL it still took 2 hours to dl :eek:

I had it shared on Kazaa-lite and winmx overnight but have had to take my PC down for a while ... (defrag time)but will put it back up later. Didnt see anybody access it ... needs more people sharing i think.

Lou2000

Originally posted by Souljah1:

I just did a KaZaa search for RealColors_4_CMBB.zip

and came up with nothing...u sure it's there?

I am.

But remember that with Kazaa, and AFAIK all the big peer-to-peer networks, you can never search the whole network at one time. (And I think just hitting the "search" button again doesn't let you search a different part of the network - I don't know though.) If only two of us are sharing it finding the mod is probably pretty dicey. I have no ideas what the actual odds are - how much a file has to have proliferated to making finding it "easy."

Managed to download this yesterday, and I have been playing my games under this mod today. Initial impressions are good. I am liking the 'toned down' coloration of everything. The original graphics are great, but the color palette seemed to bright. The added feature of turning off the treetops in top-down views is also a handy idea.

Three Cheers.

• 1 month later...

241 MB?!?

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sigh... what can I do but wait and wait and wait and wait... is i really worth it?

Need some info:

Aside from BMPs, what does it replace?

At what cost to processing speed?

I agree: can someone please put up a screen shot?

How many more hours left to go...? Zzzzzzz...

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Be warned guys, this mod (even with it's small patch) is loaded with PINK FROM HELL. Especially late war StuGs. I think every one of them has pink problems.

yeah but ,

I think he fixed them all (?)

there is supposed to be a patch to fix all the pink ones at cmmods no?

:confused:

-tom w

[ December 30, 2002, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Be warned guys, this mod (even with it's small patch) is loaded with PINK FROM HELL. Especially late war StuGs. I think every one of them has pink problems.

yeah but ,

-tom w</font>

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

yeah but ,

-tom w</font>

So I've got this humongous file in my temp directory waiting for me to install it and I first wanna know...

What's this pink thing all about?

Do you mean colouring artifacts in the BMPs? Or do we get Pink Panzers from the Totendancensingen Queen's Regiment?

Maybe I should search all the mod threads but I really just want to know: will this make my game look silly?

Is it just that one file? Realcolors_4_cmbb.zip?

No it ain't gonna make the game look silly, it'll make it look real. Just like Sling did with CMBO mods. The pink spots are just glitches in certain bmp's where the transparent background wasn't corrected. Slinger "will" fix them as they get reported, just as he has always maintained his work in the past.

Who the devil is asking if "infected" means a virus? You can't infect a bmp file with a cotton pickin virus. (Anudder candidate for the White House staff). What they meant is the pink laced background transparencies in some bmp's are showing through, which then as DD finds out about, he will fix.

[ December 31, 2002, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]

Originally posted by ichadwick:

Maybe I should search all the mod threads but I really just want to know: will this make my game look silly?

The "pink" is a color used in CM's bmps to make an area transparent (ie: a window on a jeep, or spaces between road wheels on a tank). It is a certain value among all the shades of pink that area available on todays PC's and Macs. If a mod maker uses the wrong shade of pink when coloring a CM bmp, it becomes visable in the game! So insted of those open spaces, or a clear windshield, you get little pixels (or sometimes full areas) of the color pink where there should be a transparency.

Unfortuneatly, Gunslinger's very cool subdued mod has A LOT of these pink problems. Shame, shame, Gunslinger. redface.gif So will it make your game look silly? Yes. But if you have the patience, some free time to kill, and the minimal know-how needed, you can correct this problem as you go (fixing problem bmps as you see them). Otherwise, don't say I didn't warn yah! :D