Tracer Colors

Hey guys wondering if someone could help me out here:

I've searched the archives and can't find what I'm looking for (or maybe I'm stupid) but I'm trying to find out what color of tracers were used by each side and more importantly which was the most prevalent.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Steve

Thanks J2D, actually that is why Im asking. I downloaded that mod and now I have all these choices!!!!! I've tried them all and they look great (props to Captain Wacky for the mod), now the question is which is most historically accurate (I know its a petty thing, but I dont care!! :D )

thanks for the help though

Steve

I vaguely recall a discussion on the Il-2 forums that the Red Airforce used Green? tracer for some time.

I myself use green for Soviet/Allies and yellow for Axis,

most probably historically incorrect but a good players aid.

At least I know in a flash incoming fire from outgoing,

thou I get confused at traffic lights, buttoning up windows or bailing at the red light...

I call it- having a seniors moment :D

That’s the way I've got it set up right now. I've never seen blue or purple tracers before so I'm hesitant to use them. But I agree I like instantly knowing if I'm firing or receiving.

Not sure about the stop light thing….sounds like a bad case of Post traumatic stress!!!!

:eek:

Thanks for the reply

Steve

Originally posted by junk2drive:

From the readme for Captain Wacky's CW_Tracers mod:

"Rename the .bmps you want to install.

300.bmp is Axis

301.bmp is Allies

After you've done this, paste the files into your CMBB/BMP directory. When it asks if you want to overwrite the existing files, click "yes to all."

Pat Heil aka Captain Wacky

heilpr@muohio.edu "

Where can I find this MOD?

Originally posted by SD Smack:

auto-

I found it on cmmods but it was on the CMAK side. the .bmp are the same for both games so you dont have to change anything. If you still cant find it let me know and I'll email it to you.

Steve

I spent approx an hour trolling through cmmods and either I not looking hard enough or they hidden it to well.........send it my way plz

cheers

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Im new to the entire Mod thing..and my question here is, if I rename the Mod.. does this still overwrite my bmp. from the game or not. If Im moding a tank will it give me more choices in game if I rename the Bmp. ie.. can I have a SS version of Panzers, and Heer, and Soviet Guards and reg Soviet mechanized if I rename or do I have to keep switching mods all the time whenever I decide I want to create my own scenerio and such?

anyone know what this is please. I want to use the tracers but in the description it says this.....

Note: use CM Mod Option selector(CMMOS) to install this mod.

what is it and where can i get it..cheers guys

[ June 28, 2006, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: para ]