1.03 Patch Release Date ??

Area fire won't work either if there is uneven ground between them. I really hope that BFC are onto this, it's not just about firing at AT guns, it's all tank HE fire against whatever target which is susceptable to this bug. It seriously degrades the value of all tanks.

I have sent a file in, and have more if further evidence is required. I see it in almost every battle, it's extremely common. For example this afternoon I have a Stug firing at a SMG squad in the open 168m away with nothing between them. There are some very small folds in the ground, and the Stug is spudding his precious HE for an entire move into a small fold in the ground about 70m short of his target.

Note that the Tac AI is auto selecting this target for him, and has thrown away a large portion of his HE while the SMG squad sat in the open is laughing. This is one huge bug.

Originally posted by Rex Bellator:

I have sent a file in, and have more if further evidence is required. I see it in almost every battle, it's extremely common. For example this afternoon I have a Stug firing at a SMG squad in the open 168m away with nothing between them. There are some very small folds in the ground, and the Stug is spudding his precious HE for an entire move into a small fold in the ground about 70m short of his target.

Note that the Tac AI is auto selecting this target for him, and has thrown away a large portion of his HE while the SMG squad sat in the open is laughing. This is one huge bug.

I've assigned area fire to tanks doing this, and it seems to work. But yes, you are definitely correct that the A/I doesn't adjust fire and will dedicate a ton of ammo to eradicating moles, eathworms and other subterranian enemy combatants. I'm living with it until the patch...

Well one more reason for me to wait before buying CMBB it sounds like. This sounds like it would make the game for me unsatisfactory. I hate bugs like this in a game. Ruins any enjoyment I would get out of a game. Of course now if you guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill that's another story. Any other problems I should know about other then this and is this that big of problem? BFC is awful good about fixing stuff like this and I am surprised to hear it hasn't already been done but not really keeping up on CMBB since I don't have it it may very well be being addressed as we speak. Sure hope so.

I've noticed this bug as well. Before, I thought ATGs were too easy to hit. Obviously, this bug creates a problem in the opposite extreme. In a battle yesterday, I had an ATG knock out 10 enemy tanks because it was impervious to enemy fire...

Clearly, the next patch needs to create a middle ground. ATGs should be difficult to SPOT, but once they are spotted they should be vulnerable to fire.

CBB

Well.I've stopped playing all together.Not for this reason but many others.I've seen shells from a direct fire weapon firing at a target in front of them land on the down side of a hill well away from the target.If you miss the intended target the shell should not become a wounded duck and flutter to a point where you could not fire with a direct weapon in the first place.This is the reverse of the Atg bug.I could go on and on with the many errors like the above but they mostly have been posted by someone at sometime or another.I once thought this game was wargaming nirvana...now it's just a sham.But hey the rain sound file is nice to sleep to...

Originally posted by rune:

they are aware of the at guns.

Rune

It is not just HE v AT guns it is ALL HE fire, I sincerely hope the BFC boys are aware of that and not wasting time concentrating on AT guns only. Please confirm if you can.

Richard - IMO this is still the finest tactical wargame out there despite this HE targetting problem. The bug doesn't happen on every shot after all.

[ April 01, 2003, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: Rex Bellator ]

Originally posted by Rex Bellator:

It is not just HE v AT guns it is ALL HE fire, I sincerely hope the BFC boys are aware of that and not wasting time concentrating on AT guns only. Please confirm if you can.

Oh, by reading the earlier comments by Steve, I think they know what the problem is, and the thing that causes it has been there since CMBO but only came into daylight with CMBB 1.02. So do not worry.

Steve - leave the endless stupid war stories over on the General Forum alone and spend a minute in here doing something useful! Unless perhaps BFC have lost interest in their game because they have been employed by the CIA to spout propaganda all day instead ;)

Can we have thoughts on the tank AI cowering as per the other thread as well as the HE targetting issue please. I for one don't like reading that people think this game is broke, or have stopped playing altogether.

[ April 02, 2003, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: Rex Bellator ]