Guess what's coming next...

Well, actually you paint over the base template - you duplicate it and then just recolor it. Afterwards you erase those parzs you don't need. BUT: to make things easy the great (praise be him) MikeyD compiled a camouflage tutorial after I asked him how he did it and uploded it in the CMAK section of CMMODS. I'd suggest you go grab it and try it! I learned a lot!

Regarding the Jagdpanzer I can't find evidence of any comon pattern - on the contrary. There seem to be everyt pattern imaginable: stripes, patches, blotches in different sizes and painted in a two-color, three-color or Ambush pattern. Essentially the same with all German vehicles. Although there seems to be at least some stnadardization in factory-applied patterns, although that is a topic which still needs a lot of research.

Just ask more questions, I'll try to answer them as good as I can...

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, have reworked the mod so it looks like a late production Jagdpanzer IV:

jgdpzivuu1.jpg

Features now include standard road wheels on all stations and 4 early-type steel return rollers.

The following two patterns have been chosen to be done on this template (Zimmerit obviosuly still missing), but you may decide which it will be:

9od12sspzdungarnmai1945ud2.jpg

9. or 12. SS Panzer, seen in Hungary, May 1945

unbekanntewaffensseinheaj4.jpg

9. or 12. SS Panzer, seen in Hungary 1945

Sorry Earl Grey, I didn't see your response at the top of this page until just now. I've just downloaded MikeyD's tutorial. Thanks for the info.

I would find it very difficult to choose between those two schemes. I think, in the end, I would prefer the hard-edged job on the second profile. Nice and striking.

You're welcome, you're welcome. ;)

I would have taken the second one rathe than the first one, too - kind of like Ambush myself! *g*

P.S.: Would you like to have my halftrack mod in a yellow modder version? Due to technical problems with my own machine I currently won't be able to upload it, though...

• 3 weeks later...

Wasn't lazy in the meantime and this is what the Jagdpanzer looks like at the moment:

jagdpanzercd1.jpg

Changed the details to make it look like a late Jagdpanzer IV which is more logical with the polygons and the exhaust arrangement. Obviously, I did the Zimmerit pattern wrong and realized it too late - that's why it still looks odd. Hope you like it!

• 2 weeks later...

Somewhat, somewhat - I need to redo the whole Zimmerit I essentially had already finished becasue my first pattern wasn't correct. I think i can post a new screen tomorrow, though it'll be a few days before I'll be able to put on camouflage.

Anyone interested in getting this as a plain Dunkelgelb modder's version?

Okay, part of the Zimmerit is reworked. You can clearly see why it takes so long redoing it...

jgdpzyk5.jpg

The most problematic part, though, is yet to come: the gun shield. But I hope to finish this mod next week, since a lot of people are already waiting for different other mods! ;)

Me a perfectionist? It's just my philosophy that when I'm gonna do something, I can as well do it right in the first place - something I didn't with my first mods, by the way. ;)

Apart from that it would have been finished a long time ago if the Zimmerit wouldn't take that long all the time...

Okay, people, it is done! Completely zimmerited and as accurate as I could make it:

jgdpzta9.jpg

I know it looks odd around the gun mantlet, but that's because the polygons are ALL WRONG! If nobody spots any errors or thinks I still need to improve something, I'll host it at CMMODS.