Sound Modsluts-got the shakes? Bugs under the skin? CW's got your fix. Step inside...

That's right you filthy little addicts, it's time for another CAPTAIN WACKY SOUND MOD. Yeah, so it took me a year to get around to it, but I'm back and this one is bigger and badder than ever before. Grab your shotguns and board up the house cuz there's no telling the havoc this one is gonna cause.

Prepare your virgin ears for the Frankenstein-esque mechanical creaking that is the Tiger tank, or the menacing growl of the Panther that will finally make your subwoofer pull its weight. Try not to dive under your desk when the mg42 rips off a belt into your hapless men. Laugh like a madman when the meat chopper lives up to its name serving up a generous side of Kraut sausage.

Every, and I mean every small arms sound has been redone, along with all the vehicle sounds, new interface sounds, and a few others thrown in. Go and download it, play 00000651.wav, the new bazooka/shrek sound, and tell me I'm not a genius.

So why are you still reading this? Get over to www.cmmods.com and download it, now!

Hmmm....

... I see that this mod is distributed as .mp3s.

That makes it kinda hard for mod managers!

Is this normal practice for sound mods?

Do I need to make McMMM handle mp3 as well as wav?

(Darn, I was just about to release the "Sound Mod" version of McMMM to coincide with this big new sound mod!)

GaJ.

[ November 10, 2003, 05:04 AM: Message edited by: GreenAsJade ]

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

Hmmm....

... I see that this mod is distributed as .mp3s.

That makes it kinda hard for mod managers!

Is this normal practice for sound mods?

Yes, because the mod is 25mb otherwise. You could always convert the .mp3s and then rezip the .wavs if you absolutely have to go through a mod manager.

Originally posted by Jack Carr:

I would like to download this mod and check it out. If I like what I hear in mp3 format, how do I convert the mp3's to wav files so that CMBB can use the new modded sounds? Thanks for any further assistance regarding this conversion process.

I'm one step ahead of you ;) I included a mp3 to wav converter in the mod. You just have to install it. Its a small program called Mpegsuite.

The sounds are really good, thanks CW. The only thing I would remove would be the brass casings falling on the concrete floor effect. I realize that these probably came from other games, FPS obviously, so it would be difficult to remove if that sound is occuring with the shots themselves, but the sound of the casings hitting concrete when the troops are in the woods kind of bugs....

Sorry to be hypercritical, I'm really enjoying them otherwise!

Originally posted by Jack Carr:

Downloaded this mod last night. One other question in reference to the converter program: What settings should be used to decode the mp3 files to wav files?

Thanks again.

Priority just means how much horsepower your pc will devote to decoding the files. This should be a very quick process so it doesn't matter. The output format should be wav. Decode them into whatever directory you want and then paste them into CMBB/Wav

Originally posted by junk2drive:

after converting, i tried some wav's in wmp9. some wouldn't work. tried the original #'s, they didnt work. tried the same #'s with real one player and they do work! what does the game use??

I have this problem also, the original CMBB wavs don't work in windows media player. I have no idea what causes this, but all the wavs should word in CMBB regardless of whether they work in WM.

I have to ask, could you convert the set for CMBO as well? Or do you know which ones will work with CMBO as is?

We can't forget the better half of the pair.

It looks like N Crawlers will taks second place now.

Thanks for all the work it must have taken, much appreciated.

Originally posted by markl:

I have to ask, could you convert the set for CMBO as well? Or do you know which ones will work with CMBO as is?

We can't forget the better half of the pair.

It looks like N Crawlers will taks second place now.

Thanks for all the work it must have taken, much appreciated.

Converting them would be a snap, but CMBO uses many fewer different gun sounds than CMBB so the same variety wouldn't be there.