Think the first one sucked? Try this NEW more satis-FACTORY *MOD*

Yep, the first factory mod sucked! After doing the church I simply had to re-visit it.

No holds barred, and without resorting to ultra-res it's got all you need in a semi-realistic hardcore Russian factory: It's got row upon row of boring windows, it's got weathering, it's got stains, it's got shading and shadows, green stuff, drain pipes and so much attention to detail, it makes me sick. ;)

Winter and damaged versions are included. And of course I got y'all one new and one semi-new crate doodad as well as a vastly improved interior.

All this would not look the way it looks now without the invaluable comments, advice and testing by TanksALot and Vader's Jester. Thanks guys. smile.gif

Here's an overall look:

_Preview1_exterior-vi.jpg

Interior and doodads:

_Preview2_interior-vi.jpg

Some nice shading and stains:

_Preview3_shadingdetail-vi.jpg

Smoke damage and shellholes:

_Preview4_damagedetail-vi.jpg

Download now at CMMODS

Enjoy! Consider it my late new-year's gift to you all. smile.gif

[ January 05, 2003, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Juju ]

Bonjour fellas,

Very good factory mod... will certainly look great in Stalingrad...

Does this mod include a 'rubbelized' version too?...

Minor observation... the grouping of windows on the interior view of the first floor... 3 windows adjacent to each other in each grouping... does not match the grouping of windows on the exterior view of the first floor... individual windows separated by a bricked in space...

Also, there are only 2 floors worth of windows on the interior view... and 3 floors of windows shown on the exterior view...

Cordialement, Duke of Earl

[ January 03, 2003, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Duke of Earl ]

Originally posted by Duke of Earl:

Minor observation... the grouping of windows on the interior view (snip) does not match the grouping of windows on the exterior view of the first floor...

Also, there are only 2 floors worth of windows on the interior view... and 3 floors of windows shown on the exterior view...

Cordialement, Duke of Earl

Thanks!

The interior does not match because of limitations with the BMP's. Believe me, I tried.

Also, it's got three floors, because, well, two looked boring. Incidetally, most tall buildings in CM:BO and CM:bb have three floored textures.

Awesome.... smile.gif

I'm using your current buildings in CMMOS...

How do I get the new ones in there, or do I have to wait until thet post a CMMOS compatible version?

Thanks for all of your efforts... they make CMBB a lot more enjoyable and immersive.

[ January 03, 2003, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: BadgerDog ]

Originally posted by Priest:

Juju...I...know that this...well this might just sound...well wierd...but you have to understand...you just have too...I...well there is no easy way...I...oh I will just say it...I think I love you man! tongue.gif

Aww, that's so sweet! :D

Originally posted by tracer:

your the king of building mods JuJu, liked them in CMBO, and like your work even better in CMBB, thanks. By the way, do you plan on working on the other buildings also??

Thanks Tracer, but to put the record straight; I've never done buildings for CM:BO. TanksALot is the master of most of those.

Other buildings? If you guys all chip in and get me a nice camera with a couple of cool lenses and a paid trip to Moscow for, say, 2 weeks I'm definitely your man.

All kidding aside, I'd like to, but I'm very short on resource material on these types of buildings. And what's more, the way I'm working it takes over two weeks of hard work to make only a single building.

Hi Badger,

>>I'm using your current buildings in CMMOS...

How do I get the new ones in there, or do I have to wait until thet post a CMMOS compatible version?>>

I couldn't wait! Nice work Juju! Use CMMOS to put the default factory back. Make a copy of Juju's original factory file "just in case"

Basically, all you need to do is rename the new bmp files as in the old CMMOS file and replace them.

Here's what I did: Use CMMOS to put the default factory back. Make a copy of Juju's original factory file "just in case".

Unzip the new bmp files into a temp directory and copy/rename them the same as the old ones - copy *???.bmp *_juju.bmp from the command prompt. Go back to eplorer and select your renamed bmps with and <ALT> right click and hit add to zip, selecting the orginal juju_factory_cmmos file and it will update the bmp files.

THis works fine in Breakout from Borrisov, which I'm currently playing.

My comment -

CMMOS is fantastic and the only way to go for me. I'd love to get all those great new mods out there, but I'm waiting until they're converted into CMMOS format, and I've only been using CMMOS so I'm missing out a bit.

This was an easy one since it's already in the set, but does anyone know if there's a list of the numbers (I understand Gordon issues these) for future CMMOS mods out there? Is there a need for some help in CMMOS'ing mods? I don't mind pitching in.

Regards