*MODS* all BT-5s & 7s (update lastest)

Just got back in touch after a bit & CMMods is back up. Best of thoughts to COG & his wife.

I've done Mods for all the BT-5s & BT-7s in CMBB (the BT-2 is a lot more work for one unit, & besides, the original is Good). They're a bit lower Contrast & Color Saturation than my T-26s. Any feedback is welcome.

By fooling with some of my Background Layers I found I could also do a sort of 'Worn Whitewash'. May be too ragged looking but I figured it was something different, & other folks are doing good 'regular' WhiteWash.

I've posted the Romanian BT-7m37 (the Model is an m35), summer & winter, at CMMods.

rom_bt7m35.jpg

rom_bt7m35_ww.jpg

The only things left to do are finishing a 'hack' for the Finnish BT-42, which shares one Model & set of Textures with the Finnish BT-7m37, & doing some 'paperwork' to get everything ready for posting. They should all be up over the next few days.

(update#1)

I put up the Soviet BT-7s for summer. The BT-7A, BT-7m35, & the BT-7m37. The Soviet BT-7m37 & the BT-7m39 share one Model & set of Textures, the m39 adding an MG to the Turret Rear. The 'BT-7m39' Folder contains a Turret Rear .BMP that has a mount for this MG. & m39.

sov_bt7s_smmr.jpg

(Update#2) Soviet BT-7s in Winter whiteWash. Options for Red Tactical Markings & Air Recognition, & Black Tactical Markings with 'unWhiteWashed' Air Recognition.

soviet_bt7s_winter.jpg

(Update #3) Soviet BT-5s for summer. The BT-5A, BT-5m33, & the BT-5m34. The m33 & m34 each have two different styles of Tac Markings.

sov_bt5s.jpg

Update #4) Soviet BT-5s in Winter WhiteWash. Options for Red Tactical Markings & Air Recognition, & Black Tactical Markings with 'unWhiteWashed' Air Recognition.

sov_bt5s_winter.jpg

(Update #5) The Finnish BT-5m34. Late & Early style Colors & Markings, Summer & Winter. Includes options for no #s, & no Tactical Markings.

The three-color Camo (Finn_late) began being used in the Spring of'43. The blue Tac Markings would mainly be from the '39-'40 Winter War, & the black Tac Markings began appearing in Summer '41. I see Uncle Tgt has put up a Finn BA20 in Early Colors, so maybe some folks are actually using my Early Finn stuff.I hoped re-numbering the .BMPs would cause them to 'swap out' like the German Units, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

finn_bt5_late_andww.jpg

finn_bt5early_andww.jpg

(Update #6) The Finnish BT-7m37 & the BT-42 in late Camo. Can't fit more Pics. I'll stick it at the bottom of the Thread.

OK then, that's the whole batch.

strt

[ May 30, 2005, 07:30 AM: Message edited by: mchlstrt ]

I was hoping you was going to do these and was waiting to winterize your versions.

But all I have to do now is just enjoy your artwork in both the summer and winter. :D

There is nothing "sort of" about that whitewash look, it's excellent!! :cool:

Thanks for the good words. I think this is a great community & I'm very happy to be part of it.

When I did a 'test download' I got an empty .ZIP for the m37-7M. The .ZIP I uploaded is good, & I think it was just a byproduct of the 'Great KingTiger Rush'. I'll try it again later & fix it if it's really broke.

UPDATE: OK as of 2:57 EDT. CMMods is really working hard tonight, at least it looks that way where I'm at.

strt

[ May 26, 2005, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: mchlstrt ]

Downloaded and installed with no problem. Just before I installed them I took a good close look and the "came with the game" BT-5's and 7's.

Then I installed yours and took a good look at them. Absolutely no comparison! You turned those green blobs into tanks, by Golly!

Thanks,

DavidI

(Update #6 & Final) Uncle Tgt & I seem to be on the same schedule.

The Finnish BT-7m37 & the BT-42.They share one Model & set of Textures, so it's either/or.

& because the Model is really an m35 the BT-42 option 'implies' the unit more than it actually looks like it.

Late & Early style Colors & Markings, Summer & Winter. Includes options for no #s, & no Tactical Markings.

The three-color Camo (Finn_late) began being used in the Spring of'43. The blue Tac Markings (Finn_early) would mainly be from the '39-'40 Winter War, & the black Tac Markings began appearing in Summer '41.

finn_bt7_late_andww.jpg

finn_bt7_early_andww.jpg

That's everything.

As of 10:30 AM EDT I'm under the impression these are all OK. Here or mchlstrt@hotmail.com if somebody finds a problem.

strt

I'll see what I can do. RL is about to demand a lot of my time, & more importantly, my attention (ie:obsessiveness).

I like the BAs myself so there's no motivation. They look like Marco's work to me, & his stuff has a quality inGame I kinda like better than my stuff. I tend to pick on things KwazyDog had to knock out by the dozen 'cause there was no time & no one else to do it. I just have to spend about a gazillion hours on it & I look like a Genius.

strt