Germans against Germans

Wow. You could pit the Germans-fighting-for-the-USSR against the Russians-fighting-for-the-Wehrmacht...

No, wait, that wouldn't change much, would it... well... Germans using Russian weapons versus Russians using German weapons.

No, I like the idea. Is there any way in CMBB to create two sides using the same nations? I had this crazy idea that we could make a scenario where dissident German generals and their troops turn against Hitler and he throws the SS at them.

Hmmm... can't see how to do it through. Any ideas? Aside from just mods...

Originally posted by ichadwick:

No, I like the idea. Is there any way in CMBB to create two sides using the same nations? I had this crazy idea that we could make a scenario where dissident German generals and their troops turn against Hitler and he throws the SS at them.

Don't think so, though you might be able to fake it using captured units. Panthers v. Panthers might be quite fun!

• 1 year later...

Goofing around with the editor, I ran into an oddness with the Panther which was quite amusing to me.

Selecting captured Panthers for the Soviets often ends up with the Panther getting APCR (Pz.Gr.40) ammo!! LOLOLOL!!! Ammo the Germans couldn't get with their tank, the Russkies somehow managed to obtain for their captured model! Yikes!

I also found that placing Panthers in a scenario and then later changing the date to December of 42 ends up with APCR being available for the KwK.42 from the Axis side. Hehehe. Not that it needs, but very amusing nonetheless.

There are some what-if possibilities for CM, but not what you'd expect there to be! :D

My grandfather encountered "Seydlitz-troops" in the end of March 1945 while being with the 10. SS Panzerdivision Frundsberg. They had raised giant-loudspeakers on the other side of the Oder, and played the song "Heimat deine Sterne..." ( Homeland your stars.. ) afterwards, there was the scournful call "Die seht ihr nie wieder!" ( You won't see them anymore...), and then followed a heavy artillery strike....

The second encounter was a firefight in the middle of the night with Seydlitz-troops (near the town "Hosena" ), those Seydlitz-troops who were killed that night wore german uniforms and Seydlitz-Cuff Titles....( on April 23 1945 ).

Regards, Sven

[ January 23, 2004, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: Trommelfeuer ]

Originally posted by Trommelfeuer:

My grandfather encountered "Seydlitz-troops" in the end of March 1945 while being with the 10. SS Panzerdivision Frundsberg. They had raised giant-loudspeakers on the other side of the Oder, and played the song "Heimat deine Sterne..." ( Homeland your stars.. ) afterwards, there was the scournful call "Die seht ihr nie wieder!" ( You won't see them anymore...), and then followed a heavy artillery strike....

The second encounter was a firefight in the middle of the night with Seydlitz-troops (near the town "Hosena" ), those Seydlitz-troops who were killed that night wore german uniforms and Seydlitz-Cuff Titles....( on April 23 1945 ).

Regards, Sven

Thanks for the info...

Very interesting

Originally posted by Hans:

An interesting bit of WW II Eastern front trivia

Click

"The NKFD adopted the old pre-Weimar colours which indicated it was not prepared to accept total defeat or unconditional surrender."

Very irritating. The Weimar Republic is from 1918-1933. So pre-Weimar means Kaiserreich. And indeed they use the black-white-red colours.

The BDO seems like a bunch of turncoats. The system doesn't matter - as long as they are on top. I prefer the real commies to them.

Gruß

Joachim