What's the difference between first floor and second floor?

Ive recently finished Berlin the downfall 1945 by Antony Beavor. I do not recall any mention of anyone firing from inside a building, other than tank hunters firing from cellar windows. Every other mention of defenders using buildings places them on the roof-tops, or possibly in specially fortefied buildings. Maybe the roof top thing is included in the "top floor in the game? It would certainly eliminate the hazards of firing out of a window!

Originally posted by Strontium Dog:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Rob Murray:

I always thought that a Panzerfaust or Panzershreck had a horizontal trajectory ( couldn't be fired vertically [ or close to vertically in this case if your AT team is on an upper story ] ). Is this true ( I'm asking because I've never seen it yet )?

Just guessing but if you fired one of these downwards from an open window you might expect to have more trouble with the backblast hitting the ceiling? </font>

It would also seem units on the top floor get a slightly longer range (as they logically should)

I just had a tank hunter toss a grenade bundle onto the engine deck of an OT-34 (thus promptly causing the fuel to detonate, resulting in a huge ball of flame which set fire to 3 nearby buildings, also killing the tank hunter team in the process :D ) far longer than the usual 30m(?) range.

Am I missing something, or is the only reason to camp your guys on the lower floor that they can withdraw faster?

I.e. if I want my squad to hide until enemy infantry assaults my house, should I place them on the upper floor? Until now I always placed them on the lower floor.

Originally posted by Kingfish:

One huge advantage to deploying on the top floors is that you can taunt English Knights with a fake French accent, threatening to 'Fart in their general direction'.

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Now pardon me for contributing to the utter and painfully miserable distruction of the thread topic, but don't hot gases rise?

I mean as opposed to air or gas that is of an ambient or average temperature. So in fact, if one were to fart in the general direction of the French, then would not the fart tend to rise upon leaving the 2nd story window as opposed to wafting at a downward angle towards the Frenchmens? I'm sure there must be some fart chart analysis somewhere, but it only seems logical that to properly engage the French with fart sniping, one should use the first floor windows where the fart then would travel along at a ground level line of sight.

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Now pardon me for contributing to the utter and painfully miserable distruction of the thread topic, but don't hot gases rise?

I mean as opposed to air or gas that is of an ambient or average temperature. So in fact, if one were to fart in the general direction of the French, then would not the fart tend to rise upon leaving the 2nd story window as opposed to wafting at a downward angle towards the Frenchmens? I'm sure there must be some fart chart analysis somewhere, but it only seems logical that to properly engage the French with fart sniping, one should use the first floor windows where the fart then would travel along at a ground level line of sight.

It's the act of farting that the English find so desperately offensive. The visibility is much better from the rooftop. (That's why we only fart in their general direction, as opposed to wait till they are on the TRP, then fart right down the boresight at them).

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Strontium Dog:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Rob Murray:

I always thought that a Panzerfaust or Panzershreck had a horizontal trajectory ( couldn't be fired vertically [ or close to vertically in this case if your AT team is on an upper story ] ). Is this true ( I'm asking because I've never seen it yet )?

Just guessing but if you fired one of these downwards from an open window you might expect to have more trouble with the backblast hitting the ceiling? </font>

• 2 weeks later...