It's the 'Great Cheery Waffle, MasterGoodale!' Growls and howls for Halloween

Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stalin's Organ:

At least we're gonna thrash ya awl at the wurld cup!!

Of what?

Lamb chop cutting?

Sheep shearing?

Lord of the Rings Middle Earth look-a-like contest? </font>

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Dave H:

The knights and jacks and jokers over there must already be in Sahara survival mode. No kidding around, rationing water, everything deadly serious.

Are you kidding? They are in their glory, trying to trump each for the most mean-spirited response of the day. Oh, wait, it's "humor and wit". :rolleyes:

Get my turn yesterday Davey?

Originally posted by Mike:

{Blather} Feel free to send me a setup {More blather}

I'm a little iffy on sending turns to a region of the planet where it is already tomorrow. Won't that mean you already know the outcome of the turn and can adjust your moves accordingly? Gamey time-travelling tactics I can do without.

Oh what the hell. I'll send it later tonight. (That's tomorrow for you.)

What a convoluted way of saying you're a scaredy cat!! :mad: :mad:

But then I knew you were going to say it and back down anyway.

Never mind - just think of me as being the best part of your future........sometimes it's difficult being tomorrow today redface.gif

More on the game betwixt Axe and myself:

One of the coolest parts of the game was that a majority of the fighting took place inside of warehouses. It's only the second CMBB game I've played like that (the other was against the AI, long ago), and it's really a ton of fun.

Try it, you'll dig it.

My grandfather was Canadian. He had some wild stories. One was hitting a moose with his fathers car. The car stopped dead; the moose looked at him and the wrecked auto then just walked away. Even the animals in cold weather climes are made of steel.

I thought Canadians weer all descended from surly New Yorkers and otehrs from New England who were the fitrst ppl to realise how much fun it was going to be living under presidents instead of royalty??

So wouldn't 200 Surly New Yorkers on a weekend jolly probably feel they'd just come home??

Originally posted by Becket:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mike:

Never mind - just think of me as being the best part of your future

Are you trying to make him cry? </font>

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

Oh please, this myth of Canadians as uber is completely false. {Other stuff attributed to being stuck at work while we send turns and have fun}

Careful. Their dollar is worth about 3/4 of ours and climbing. They may buy California when it's sold at auction to cover it's debt and then where would you be? Can you say, "Mike_The_Mountie?" :mad: :mad:

originally posted by Mike: quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

insert evil graemlin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Certainly - bend over please.........

I don't know ... Do you have an doctor's license?

Originally posted by Dave H:

Maggots, I just spent a few minutes reading the latest of the Peng threads over in the CMAK forum.

<h1>The Horror!!</h1>

It's improved slightly, they're telling 'willy' jokes now, not very funny willy jokes to be sure, but it's a start. Still, it looks like the Cheery Waffle is winning this round of the ratings war.

Top of the morning, maggots!

Axe, watch Mike/Stalin's Organ very carefully. Not only is he into tomorrow already, he's into next spring already!! It's hard to surprise somebody who's already six months ahead of you. :eek:

Oh looky, the lil maggots are beginning to stir. Lazy, worthless lot. Only a few short hours more and I can wing my way home to bed...for 2-3 hours before it begins again.

Hatred for all.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

So mike_the_nugget/squire/wino/honorary-Canadian, what is it that causes you to occasionally spend these long hours at the winery? Do you have to come in to mop the floor any time there's a spill? Probably more like lap up the spill. :D

[ October 29, 2003, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: Dave H ]

Originally posted by Snarker:

My grandfather was Canadian. He had some wild stories. One was hitting a moose with his fathers car. The car stopped dead; the moose looked at him and the wrecked auto then just walked away. Even the animals in cold weather climes are made of steel.

In Newfoundland, when a friend of mine would have to drive at night he would get the passenger to shine a maglight on an angle into the roadside bush in the hopes of seeing the glint of eyes before it was too late.

In Alaska and the North West Territories, where moose are common, collisions between moose and trains are also a problem. In Alaska, railroad trains killed 21 moose along a 50 km stretch of track in a single night! Three days later, the toll was 68 for that stretch of track. The Alaska Fish and Game Department reports an average of 50 dead moose a year. During winters with very heavy snowfall the toll is much higher. In 1970, 115 moose were killed and in 1978 the toll was 170. Both years had heavy snowfalls. When plowing the track the railways pile the snow along the edges. This leaves no escape for the moose when trains approach. In an effort to stop the killing, the trains have been slowed, blinking lights have been added and ultra-sonic horns have been tried. The horn which can only be heard by the moose, seemed to work at first, but later it proved to be ineffective.

Once in a while, a moose gets back at the trains. On March 13, 1985, the number of train-killed moose stood at 165 for the winter. That night, a moose struck by a train derailed an engine and five coal cars. :eek:

and

Woman demands moose meat after car crash

A woman in the US who knocked down and killed a moose is demanding the right to profit from the sale of the animal's meat.

Authorities plan to give Lisa Pierce the body of the next moose killed in her county to compensate.

On November 5, Ms Pierce's car struck the moose while she was driving her two children and a neighbour's son to school in Acton, York County, Maine.

Her 1991 Dodge Dynasty was wrecked but nobody in the car was seriously hurt.

As the scene was being cleared, a sheriff's deputy allowed a neighbour of Pierce's to take away the moose carcass with his tractor.

According to local laws, the driver of a vehicle that kills a big-game animal has the right to the carcass, as long as police are called to the scene and the vehicle is damaged.

She said her neighbour later offered her the moose for the $100 it took him to cart it away, but she didn't think she should spend the money.

A butchered or dressed moose, which can't be bought or sold anywhere in Maine, can produce hundreds of pounds of food.

And last, but certainly not least, there is this. (Not for the squeamish)

To the mighty moose!

2xjohncowcalf.jpg

Hey Bullwinkle, where's Rocky? :D

Axe, is your workload lightening up now? It seemed like you were a one-man newspaper staff a while back. Now you're making the Cheery Waffle thread read like National Geographic. :D

Abbott, this scenario of yours that Becket and I are using is a real nail biter - again! I know he's got all kinds of Soviet armor, but he won't bring it out in the open where I can get a clean shot at it. The map has so many hills and trees that we can be at point blank range and still out of sight. It's another winner. :D

Have you all been keeping up with the news about the solar flare heading toward the Earth right now? I wonder if we'll get to see the aurora tonight. That would be amazing! :cool:

Oh looky, the lil maggots are beginning to stir. Lazy, worthless lot. Only a few short hours more and I can wing my way home to bed...for 2-3 hours before it begins again.

Hatred for all.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Here Maggot :mad: :mad: :mad:

This sig-line should cheer you up. :mad:

Oh and for those of you that have always wondered:

You can burp and fart at the same time and not die! :D