New Halftrack Mods!!!

Somebody asked for more German halftracks, so here they are: the early Sd.Kfz 250s. Ready for download now at Modslut Heaven. "From scratch," of course. smile.gif

Included in this release are the 250/1, 250/7, 250/10, and 250/11 halftracks. The "legacy" halftracks from CMBO (250/9 and 250/8) are not included. Not yet anyway.

The standard version has Großdeutschland markings. Options include plain and Waffen-SS versions, as well as aerial recognition flags.

For inconsistency's sake I included all of the mods into one 4MB download, since I'm sure that if you get one you'll end up wanting them all. :D

Obligatory screenshots:

250/1 with all new aerial recognition flag...

250_1.jpg

Waffen-SS 250/7

250_7.jpg

250/10

250_10.jpg

250/11 with new Schwere Panzerbüchse textures

250_11.jpg

[ August 19, 2003, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]

Thank you very much Sir !

Im off the Modslut Heaven hehe, btw im getting pretty fast download overthere lately smile.gif (23 kb/s !!)

I guess its not downloading but the server is uploading to me, right?

PS Nice Flag ! ;)

Monty

[ August 09, 2003, 03:29 AM: Message edited by: Monty ]

AndrewTF,

Nice! They look almost factory fresh, despite the belatedly noticed mud, but the front tire tread pattern baffles me. It looks almost as though there is a narrow track wrapped around the actual tire. Is this a field mod of which I know nothing, a stock skin, a custom one or what? Also, if the mud's on the hull, why isn't it on the running gear?

Regards,

John Kettler

[ August 09, 2003, 03:32 AM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

Originally posted by John Kettler:

...the front tire tread pattern baffles me. It looks almost as though there is a narrow track wrapped around the actual tire. Is this a field mod of which I know nothing, a stock skin, a custom one or what?

That's the way it came from BFC. I imagine it has something to do with the way the animated moving track works in the game. Whatever it is, we're stuck with track treads on our front halftrack tires.

Boy you can't even get sick and not visit the forum for a couple of days or you miss stuff like this sorely needed HT mod. Great looking Andrew and yes very much needed. They look great but that's not a surprise coming from you. Thanks a lot for these. The game just keeps looking better and better thanks to all you modders out there. Oh by the way what ever happened to that Jagpanzer you had shown us? It was truely beauiful and you said you would post it. Did I miss it?

[ August 16, 2003, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: lcm1947 ]

Nope... you didn't miss it. I just got tired of working on both it and the SU-76M. Sometimes you just have to put projects aside for a few weeks and then look at them again fresh. smile.gif

Glad you bumped this one up. I don't want to brag, but modsluts who haven't downloaded this one really should, as this thing looks really good in-game.

I guess you're all waiting for the camouflaged version, right? ;)

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Glad you bumped this one up. I don't want to brag, but modsluts who haven't downloaded this one really should, as this thing looks really good in-game.

I guess you're all waiting for the camouflaged version, right? ;) [/qb]

YES !!! tongue.gif YES !!! tongue.gif YES !!! Anxiously awaiting the CAMO version of BOTH 250 & 251.

Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...

[ August 16, 2003, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: Stingray ]

[sarcasm]

I am offended and appalled by your attempt at levity with the "Have a Nice Day" flag. All decent, right-minded people of the world will be offended by this. I demand that you change the flag to read: "I am a disgusting Nazi and should be bombed...even if you are a German plane." And I demand an apology....and a beer, must have a beer....and I want a pony (pain and suffering and all)[/sarcasm]

Nice looking mods there AndrewTF. Keep up the good work. On a serious note, will my planes actually recognize my AFVs with the smiley face now? :confused:

Respiring slimes want to know. :D

Originally posted by Jack Carr:

These are very good! Did I read correctly? Are you working on the SU-76m? A vehicle that is used in abundance by the AI quick battle force selector. This self propelled menace needs a facelift!

Go get em AndrewTF!

Thanks.

su4.jpg

This is what it looks like now. It will have options for no numbers/markings, and a couple of slogans to choose from ("Za Stalina!" and "Za Rodinu!"). Might even make a winter version. It's about 90% done, so I might revisit it and finish her up this week.

It's kind of hard to tell be the screenshot, but I also made a new Soviet vehicle crew uniform to go with it.

smile.gif

Originally posted by Jack Carr:

Are you working on the SU-76m? A vehicle that is used in abundance by the AI quick battle force selector. This self propelled menace needs a facelift!

Shouldn't that read 'This self-propelled trashcan needs a facelift!'?

You must have serious self-esteem issues as a German commander if you consider the SU-76 a menace.