Rocket boosted AT gun?

For its own movement, I mean.

I moved a 28mm Panzerbüchse, transport class 3, across a shallow ford. September, no ice. I expected them to take a couple of turns to reach the other side. Instead, they raced across in exactly 5 seconds.

I've often seen gun crews running like this, but usually this happens after taking heavy fire and they run towards the map edge - without the gun. Not this time. Hey, I don't complain but has anyone seen something like this?

Ha ha, he's right... I tried moving a mess of different guns, both Axis and Allied, across shallow fords, and the minute they hit those fords it's like they're on skis. Didn't seem to matter what size... they might take varying amounts of time to be pushed up to the ford, but the minute they hit those fords they just zoom whether they're 20mm or 88s.

Maybe they're just using the backblast to ride the things across.

"Achtung, Fritz! Fire!"

BLAM!

"Wheeeeeee!" (Or German equivalent)

Originally posted by Officer Meatbeef:

Ha ha, he's right... I tried moving a mess of different guns, both Axis and Allied, across shallow fords, and the minute they hit those fords it's like they're on skis. Didn't seem to matter what size... they might take varying amounts of time to be pushed up to the ford, but the minute they hit those fords they just zoom whether they're 20mm or 88s.

"Achtung, Fritz! Fire!"

BLAM!

Care to explain how you moved an 88mm?

Originally posted by Shadow 1st Hussars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Officer Meatbeef:

"Achtung, Fritz! Fire!"

BLAM!

Care to explain how you moved an 88mm? </font>

All moveable guns (150 mm inf to 28 mm) travel at rate of approx 200m+ per minute (including 14 second command delay) in shallow fords

Wow!

Now to test if they go any quicker towed behind a truck edit: no

[ November 10, 2003, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Originally posted by Konstantine:

Clearly the most plausible explanation is that gun crews are actually cats, and hate to get their feet wet, which explains their ineffectiveness every time I use them--they're too busy listening to the pretty birds in the game to fire effectively.

Perhaps the water in Russia is just very cold.

Originally posted by sgtgoody (esq):

Everyone knows that being in a Ford is faster than walking.

Unnnggggggghhhhhhh! That was low, despicable, and mean. As soon as I stop cramping, I'm going to come down the wires, leap out of your monitor, and throttle you until your eyes pop.

Michael

[ November 11, 2003, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Michael Emrys ]