CMBO/BB gets a mention on Somethingawful.com

He spelled Wile E. Coyote wrong...

Though I liked his style in some of the other ones:

Every single character in the game makes me want to rip my Gamecube out of the TV stand and hurl it out a window followed closely by saliva and curses. They're not just dumb, they make me feel literally gay. Like they're sapping my heterosexuality every time they appear on screen.

[ October 27, 2003, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

He doesn't seem to like anything, does he...except maybe his own reflection off the monitor. Maybe he's in the wrong business. Of course he's right that most games suck badly for one reason or another, but that's entertainment.

Michael

Err, that's the point of his article. smile.gif

I like a lot of those games, but I thought both parts of the article were a hoot.

There isn't much I enjoy more in life than pissing off the ridiculously zealous fans of various videogames. Don't get me wrong, I love certain games, but even I'm cynical enough to see that the best of them are flawed in one way or another. Inspired by forum-goer DannyManic's tirade on music, I recently challenged the entire membership of the Something Awful Forums to give me the titles of games so that I could rip into each like they had brutalized and murdered my family. My hatred poured out in a pure and cleansingly exaggerated form that I have to admit was pretty therapeutic.
Scott

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

For his CM comments he deserves to be beaten.

And for his BG2 comments he deserves to be beaten to death with a wet towel on a cold morning while being forced to listen to japanese pop music.

Now I have nasty visions of Yoko Ono naked on a cold morning thrashing me with a wet towel. And she's screeching something that sounds like a John Lennon song.

I'm gonna need a few beers and a toilet brush to scrub that from my memory. Guh.

Thanks. Like I need another excuse to drink beer.

Originally posted by Bergerbitz:

Now I have nasty visions of Yoko Ono naked on a cold morning thrashing me with a wet towel. And she's screeching something that sounds like a John Lennon song.

Jesus! What a nightmare! Open one for me too, will ya?

If there really is a hell, the soundtrack could very well be old Yoko Ono records.

Michael

For the reviewer (or for anyone) to actually write "Like they're sapping my heterosexuality", this guy's problems must go much MUCH deeper than his opinion of the game.

I wonder what else there out there could be sapping his heterosexuality ...vegetables? ...wheel barrows? ...flouridation? ...women?

For those of you who don't read the duplicate thread on the GF, one poster over there has revealed that the SA writer is a CM fan who was challenged to write something bad about it by one of his colleagues.

A good story even if it's not true smile.gif .

[ October 28, 2003, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Firefly ]

Actually, SA is FULL of CM freaks (myself being one of them, I got my shiny CMBO/BB bundle pack in the mail yesterday after putting off buying them for some time, and I've only stopped playing to get more beer).

The point of the article is that, no matter what the subject, someone will find something bad to say about it.

In short, Goons <3 CM.