I'm lazy and ignorant, won't you help me please?

I don't know Peng from Adam, a Panzerschreck from a schwanstucker, a foxhole from a hole in the ground ...

... regardless, all I really want to know is what handful (let's say 10) of armor and vehicle mods to download that will most likely show up in the stock scenarios included with CMBB. I've got andrewtf's lovely uniform mods and a few others, I just want the skinny on the armor and vehicle mods. Please give me the answer, I've got kids at home and I just don't have the energy to do the research myself.

I personally blame Calliou for much of the pain and weakness I've felt since becoming a parent a few years back- but that's another story.

Are you single, a grandparent, an empty nester, or just forsake career and family to pursue complete CMBB oneness? If so, then you clearly have the time to help me out here.

Sincerely Yours,

Samson

Now see, I'd start with Peng. Just waltz on in there and tell em you don't know a Peng from a Pong and furthermore, you could care less about a sod. Get em straight right from the start. Infact, tell em Michael Dorosh sent you. That will give you a status roughly equivilent to demonstrating a butane lighter to the Jawara tribe. They will immediately sense your superiority and may even pay tribute to your greatness.

Originally posted by Samson:

... regardless, all I really want to know is what handful (let's say 10) of armor and vehicle mods to download that will most likely show up in the stock scenarios included with CMBB.

Quite difficult since the stock scenarios begin in June '41 and end in April/May '45.

The tanks that you'll run into in the early war scenarios will be very rare in the '44/'45 ones and vice versa.

Downloading some different models of the T-34 and the KV and SU series is never a bad idea. Same is true for the different variants of the german Pz III and IV and Stugs and from mid'43 on you'll see more and more Panthers.

OK, enough with the in-jokes (as, should be in the Peng Thread) already! Don't want to frighten this one off --- yet.

RKSoldat's Opel Blitz is perhaps the finest piece of work I've seen so far. Since you've already got Andrew's uniforms, I'd suggest you look for anything by MickeyD and Juju. Oh, and MrNoobie has been a busy little Hero of the Soviet Union, redoing most (if not all) of the Sov vehicles, so hunt them up as you see fit.

And if yr feeling really adventurous, look up CMMOS.

You need some better railroad tracks while you're at it. ;)

Anything by Pud, Juju, Ed "Tanks a Lot" Kinney, AndrewTF & Makjager is top shelf - Download without hesitation

CMBB brought a nice batch of great new talent like Mr. Noobie, Tracer & MikeD (Who's not exactly new)

Just about every new Mod that comes out these days is good, so knock yourself out! Terrain mods will give you the most visual impact, so start with those I suppose, but again, railroad tracks...You really need some new rail road tracks!

Gyrene

The must-have mod question is harder with CMB than with CMBO, simply because the default art is so much better! A fair number of noted CMBO modders were recruited at the start to tackle CMBB. That's precisely why the default Stugs and Brumbars are so amazing looking. Remember what CMBO default guns looked like?

But for must-have vehicles, check out mrNoobie's SU-pack. Every Russian assault gun (I believe) including some absolutely necessary SU-76 mods.