The things we take for granted when we play CMBB...

I am just wondering what settings others use in BB. I play Unit Scale=3, trees and terrain elements off, show all movement paths on, and my favorite QB map is farmland, moderate, modest, none. Also, what about infantry formations? When moving in reasonable safety, for 3-squad platoons I use a formation like a 4 on a die, with the HQ in the corner that I think is safest. With 4-squad platoons, I use a die-5 formation, with the HQ as the middle dot. In vehicle-mounted infantry columns, have (depeding on # of squads) S S HQ S, S S HQ S S or S HQ S. What about you?

I tend to go with default settings for units and trees unless I need to see something specific. For movement formations I tend to have the squads in line with the HQ and any heavy weapons in trail. For vehicle movement I am not nearly as organized but I try to have at least one manuever squad in front of the HQ and support units.

I usually have realistic scale, detailed hits, extreme trees and "bushes" and extreme fow. I also have all movement and targeting lines on. when it comes to hq placement i have the squads in a line infront of my hq with any support weapons in line with the hq. For vehicles u usually have a line with the hq in the middle or an inverted wedge with the hq in the middle.

oh and sometimes... just to get the feel of it all I turn off all play aids and flags and detailed armor hits... and play the game like that... its great!

realistic scale, normal tree density. I want the game to look realistic. For a while I tried playing with unit bases off, but after a while I realized that was a bad idea since I kept forgetting about half my force all the time.

I have seen screenshots from guys who play with +5 (or whatever the max is) scale and no trees etc...looks very very silly with huge huge tanks and gigantic men that could swallow the houses wandering around on a naked map.

But to each his own I suppose.

i may have 'squad leader syndrome' as i play with the trees off most of the time.... if trees are on, they're on minimal

i use all of the camera angles... units are at normal size except for when i'm looking for a passenger on a vehicle... then i turn vehicles off and go to max size...

sometimes when taking a screen shot the units are at +1 or +2 or whatever...

detailed vehicle hits are usually off...it adds to the suspense...

flags are on or off depending on the situation...

los and movement paths are on (shift p x3 from the default)... that is unless i need to single out a single unit for a move or fire order...

sometimes i turn off the landmarks, flags, and detailed vehicle hits, then watch a vehicle at level 1 or 2 for an immersion effect...