Moving in snow with Goodale -- ridiculously Cheery Threats and Waffles

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

On this planet, we hold our noses at the absolute sewer known as the Southeastern Conference. The conference maintains by far the worst NCAA compliance record in all of college athletics. Vanderbilt is the only school that seems to realize it is a university, and not a farm club for the NFL/NBA. :(:rolleyes:

Dave

My good man, I certainly realize that if ignorance were bliss Indiana would be heaven, but put away your heart and listen to your brain, just this once.....okay?

Now, turn your ear towards Vanderbilt and listen.

Shhhh! Quiet everyone....do you hear it Dave? Why does Vanderbilt remain in the SEC?

KA-CHING!!!!!

There, did you hear that? </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Hey, Dave H, come sit at our lunchroom table...

waves

EEEEEeeeewwww!!!

Let's see, today I've offended the conservatives, offended the SEC, and now I've got Seanachai making passes. A full day in anyone's book. Looks like it's time to get away again for a while. I'll keep sending PBEM turns, since I won't be doing any renovations unlike one maggot we all know and almost tolerate. tongue.giftongue.gif

Originally posted by Snarker:

Get a hold of yourself, Gator-Boy. This is the 'Cheery Waffle', things go KA-BLOOEY!!!!! here, not KA-CHING!!!!!

Snarker

You dolt! You can't have KA-BLOOEY!! if ya don't got the KA-CHING!!!

DUH!!!!!!

[edit-because of a mistake in Snarker's quote]

[ September 22, 2003, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Jim Boggs ]

Originally posted by Dave H:

Looks like it's time to get away again for a while.

NOOOO!!!!!

Your role on the CWT is vital.

The voice of reason to the rest of the insane babblings.

The heart of compassion to the rest of the blood-thirsty maggots

You are the safety valve that keeps the lid on.

If you stop posting we could have serious Environmental issues.

Dave you must bear up under the tremendous responsibility. The pressure is great, but as I have always heard:

When the going gets tough, Dave will throw you a life jacket

Originally posted by Snarker:

Ah, the Jehovah's Witness wing of the MBT comes knocking again. Usually, if you answer the door holding an open beer and dressed only in your skivvies they don't come back.

You do that with the old Bard, and he'll invite himself in, and make himself at home. That includes stripping down to his skivvies. Trust me, nobody wants that.

w00t! More TNT I say, more!!

Anybody like James Fenimore Cooper? Now that the rain is falling and the leaves are changing, I've decided to give his Leatherstocking Tales a read right through from The Deerslayer to The Prairie. That will be followed by Washington Irving's Sketches.

I so love upper New York state in the late summer and fall.

If your name isn't Dave H and you sent me a turn this evening, please be so kind as to take your hand off your nether regions, place it on your mouse and resend. 'Cause I'm a bleeding idjit, that's why. :mad: :mad:

[ September 22, 2003, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Axe2121 ]

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Anybody like James Fenimore Cooper? Now that the rain is falling and the leaves are changing, I've decided to give his Leatherstocking Tales a read right through from The Deerslayer to The Prairie.

Once you get past the somewhat stilted language, and the almost charmingly innocent views of morality, they're a good read. A lot of personal honour and doing the right thing in adventurous times.

A bit like Sir Walter Scott, but with a better eye to action, and less on immense amounts of character development, detail, and local colour.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

Anybody like James Fenimore Cooper? Now that the rain is falling and the leaves are changing, I've decided to give his Leatherstocking Tales a read right through from The Deerslayer to The Prairie.

Once you get past the somewhat stilted language, and the almost charmingly innocent views of morality, they're a good read. A lot of personal honour and doing the right thing in adventurous times.

A bit like Sir Walter Scott, but with a better eye to action, and less on immense amounts of character development, detail, and local colour. </font>

Originally posted by Becket:

Dave offended someone?????

That's a sign of the apocalypse -- I demand proof that it occurred, else I won't believe it.

:D

Well I'm sure his general good humor and politeness offend MasterGoodale's sensibilities on a daily basis.

Anybody get one of the *cough* promised turns from the maggot tonight? Or is Skunk Nads cracking the whip on the no-heat problem.

Originally posted by R Leete:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Snarker:

Ah, the Jehovah's Witness wing of the MBT comes knocking again. Usually, if you answer the door holding an open beer and dressed only in your skivvies they don't come back.

You do that with the old Bard, and he'll invite himself in, and make himself at home. That includes stripping down to his skivvies. Trust me, nobody wants that. </font>

Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Becket:

Dave offended someone?????

That's a sign of the apocalypse -- I demand proof that it occurred, else I won't believe it.

:D

Well I'm sure his general good humor and politeness offend MasterGoodale's sensibilities on a daily basis.

Anybody get one of the *cough* promised turns from the maggot tonight? Or is Skunk Nads cracking the whip on the no-heat problem. </font>