T-34 program on Hist Chan U.S. now! 11 p.m. PDT

John,

I got it recorded on my computer. Pretty awesome videos. I liked the one where the Pak 37 was engaging the T-34 on the road.

For all, it was less of a techincal discussion of the T-34 than and acknowledgment that it was an important weapon of the war. Towards the end of the war a massive Russian tank factory was producing 2,000 a month. Incredible!

von Nev

I just watched a decent American PBS (aka British) documentary last night on the battle of Kursk. They explained in detail about the t34-76 with its FIVE man crew and THREE machine guns!!!! :mad: :mad:

Sounds like the producers of that program should'a watched the History Channel program first!

The incorrect information presented on these programs just goes to show ya that it doesn't take much to get a program on the air. After all, who's checking any of the information presented before the program gets cut and finally is aired?

Most of the folks who frequent this forum could have created a more informative show about the T-34. Much of the footage was taken during the war anyway and is probably available through one historical film archive or another.

Most television networks motto should be "Keep em' fat, happy and stupid".

Originally posted by Bruceov:

Dont you hate when they can't get the tanks right in a war movie. When they use pershings or other US tank to model panthers. I once saw, I can't remember the movie..they used sherman 76\mm tanks as the germans

That would be "The Big Red One" starring Lee Marvin. You get to see a Sherman "Easy 8" with a German cross stenciled on the side roll by the mouth of a cave their are hiding.

I've never figured out why someone hasn't started a company that specialized in mockup WWII era tanks to reant to Hollywood.