** New Volkssturm Uniform Mod Released! **

Who said I never took mod requests (uh, I did :rolleyes: )? The new Volkssturm uniform mod is ready for download at the CM Mod Database!

Squads and support units wear a mix of civilian clothes and M43 uniforms, so at least they look good when being routed by the Soviets. As with the original game textures, the platoon and coy/bn HQs wear Schutzpolizei and NSDAP political official uniforms, respectively. I've added a bit more detail and historically accurate insignia, although I'm not sure exactly what the NSDAP party guy is supposed to be (I started to research it but didn't have the stomach to wade through the bunch of Nazi crap that Google churned up).

And I even made a single-button field cap as requested. Yet another example of the unparalleled customer service that I'm so famous for--and I don't even get paid for this! :D

Here's the obligatory screen shot of the finished product:

volkssturm.jpg

You'll have to go download it to see all the cool details and things. ;)

I normally just sort of ignore requests, but I decided this one would be pretty easy as I just uses pieces-parts of my other uniform mods, recoloring and adding insigina where necessary. I think this was the one CMBB uniform I hadn't modded, too.

The longest part of the process was the research. smile.gif

Hell yeah, looks great as usual, thanks alot Andrew(MasterBlaster of uniform mods). I sure am glad i started that thread a few days back. ;)

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

so at least they look good when being routed by the Soviets.

Hehe, oh so true, as im finding out in a Berlin Op im playing now. But hey, at least now they'll look good getting slaughtered. :D

Originally posted by patboy:

Thanks Andrew, great work as always.

All CMBB units are wearing Andrew fox's uniforms, except Partisan late war, but I suppose, we can use parts of the first Partisan set to do a second set, isn'it ?

Pat.

-------------------------------------------------

"VAE VICTIS"

Edited to say:

I thought I made a late-war Partisan mod... Maybe it was lost in the Great Crash and never reposted. Let me check my files and see if I can find it. smile.gif But I'm obviously going insane because I can't find any evidence of late-war Partisans on my HD, so maybe I didn't mod them after all. :confused:

[ October 25, 2004, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]

Seeing these mods made me think I may have missed some of your Soviet uniform mods, so I scooted on over to cmmods.com and downloaded your 'Soviet Uniforms Set 2".

Does it sound right that the 'Infantry' folder contains a single bmp (9505.bmp) and the 'naval' folder just contains three bmps? I downloaded and expanded the thing twice with the same result. Is cmmods missing some of your mod art? :confused:

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Seeing these mods made me think I may have missed some of your Soviet uniform mods, so I scooted on over to cmmods.com and downloaded your 'Soviet Uniforms Set 2".

Does it sound right that the 'Infantry' folder contains a single bmp (9505.bmp) and the 'naval' folder just contains three bmps? I downloaded and expanded the thing twice with the same result. Is cmmods missing some of your mod art? :confused:

I think something bad happened to it--either when I was putting the zip together or when I uploaded it. I'll check it when I get home and re-upload if necessary. I thought I fixed this but I guess not. :(