mechanics of CMBB ??

Guest konrad
Originally posted by Le Tondu:

Yes, but not until the 15th level where you will find a power up that looks like a pair of ripe bing cherries inside the golden King Tiger with a death ray instead of a gun.

Woow ,I never got that far.Still stuck in second mission.

Originally posted by Charlie Co 2nd /8th:

does CMBB allow you to reassign keys, use the mouse wheel to zoom, adjust scrolling speed, adjust music and sfx volume, change color depth, allow the use of all 5 buttons on mouse, like other games out there???

thanks,

potential buyer

Music? What music? The only music I need is the krump of artillery, the staccato of a Maxim, the sharp report of an anti-tank gun and the shouts of my digital soldiers.

The wheel mouse thing would be nice though.

Music? If you want music try a Pink Floyd CD. ;)

5 button mouse? - Wow that's 4 more than on my MAC Mouse. :D

The CMBB series is not a highspeed mouse-eye coordination game. You have plenty of time to think between moves. Plenty of time to adjust the views using the on screen GUI or the Hotkeys.

Sit back relax and cook a few Panzers with your Molotov cocktails. :cool:

If I was a potential buyer, I would ask:

"How does the game play? What makes it good?"

If I was looking to ask a stoopid question which isn't relevant to the quality of the game, I would ask the one at the top of the page. It almost smacks of someone who already knows the answer and is looking for something to bleat about.

No

There are no mechanics represented in the game.

Or medics, or clerk-typists, or even war correspondents.

However, if you want to get down and dirty or get a feel of what it is like to be on a halftrack cruising along and then suddenly hit a landmine, which goes off unexpectedly, scaring the crap out of you. Then I would say this game is for you.

Best Advice?

Try the demo.

Wow!! this is a highly sarcastic and defensive community. I'm use to those types of options in other games and was just looking for information. And look, I can use the shift key as an option if I want to. I think some of these interface options help to enjoy any type of game.

I'm not here to bash your game or praise it, just asked a simple question.

Your best bet is to try the demos.

First the CMBO demo for some really cool west front scenarios. Then the CMBB demo to feel the difference. And then it's up to you to decide.

If you're into games which challenge your mind and you are interested in WWII there is no other game around that'll serve you better. Many people on this board play the CM series for years now and can vote for it.

Originally posted by Charlie Co 2nd /8th:

Wow!! this is a highly sarcastic and defensive community. I'm use to those types of options in other games and was just looking for information.

They aren't normally like that but I guess you hit a weak spot here, just like killing a King Tiger from the rear :D . CMBO and CMBB are great games, far the best on the subject with great customer support (not like other games out there) but it lacks all those fancy things like reassigning of keys, spectacular 3D-graphics, surround sound ....(like maaaaaaany other games out there which are still not worth a dollar). That doesn't mean that a lot of people wouldn't like to have those things, they just don't admit it ;) .

I guess with your question you hit the "mother instinct" of some of the members. If Charles (the programmer) ever needed an organ transplant he would find some donors here, or someone who gets a donor :D .

To finally answer you questions, no. But you can mod your CMBO and CMBB, change the sound effects, the textures on the tank models and if you need music, you can run winamp in the background and listen to your MP3s in the game (at least with CMBO). Nothing better to keep you awake if you have to finish that set-up at 4am in the morning then listening to AC/DC's Thunderstruck.

BTW, to play the demo first is a must. I would recommend you the CMBO demo, since the 2 included battles are very good and CMBO is a little bit easier to start with. You either hate CM or get assimilated and in the future you'll develop the same "mother instinct", LOL.

If you liked the board game Squad Leader, or Advanced sdvanced squad leader, this is your game.

Buy it.

I dont know what was up with the above nasty comment about your remappable buttons question. Just ignore it.

No you don't need 5 buttons to play, but dang, it sure would be nice to have the ability to remap.

hey thanks for the uppercasies smile.gif

so cm as a game lacks all this fancy input stuff

however the gameplay is substancially different from most other games (rts etc) that is matters much less than you would think without knowing the game

i think you can load event translators which allow you to bind your mousewheel to events sent from keys thereby using the mousewheel to zoom or remove trees owhatever