Chicago Get together

Anyone interested in a Chicago get together here at my house? If a lot of people are interested, we can always move it to a bar nearby. Saturday, 1 PM at my house....let us see how many are interested. Email me for details on how to get here.

Rune

Send my regards to all those that play soccer :D

Regards,

header_Winelands02.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

</font>

I have never read a review that made me less sure of humanity's ability to finish out the decade, let alone the next millenium.

Obviously this 'Reviewer' [of CMBB] is capable of using a computer, and even finding employment (or at least the right to display their almost inspired lack of intelligence under the auspices of an organization), but it's equally clear that they're both incapable, and unashamed of their inability, to actually come to grips with something that requires more intelligent focus and mental participation than an arcade game. On this planet thousands are daily made homeless, crippled, and even killed in pointless and heart-rending incidents of political, ethnic and religious conflict. If any such incident had managed to whack this reviewer, we'd have to consider it worth the anguishSeanachai, CMBB Forum, 10/12/2002.

Just got back from it. Two guests and Tim. Looked at his North Africa books, played half a game hotseat on his neat LAN set up (continued to PBEM - my Cossacks are doing well so far), saw his new 3 gig duel processor machine, picked up a CD of scenarios. The rest of you lot who didn't make it, your loss lol.

Here is another piece of trivia supporting the idea that 30+30 is 55-60, not 69. Tactical practice in N.A. for Brit 25 pdrs was to open against Hs and Js at 1 km, because they could penetrate at that range. (The source is the German chief of staff's book on DAK, which I saw at Tim's).

Rated CMBO pen of 25 pdr AP at 1 km is 61mm vs. 30 degrees. Incidentally, the Russian 76 in the T-34 would get the same penetration at around 1200m (it has 67mm at 1 km vs. 30) - which, lo and behold, some AARs say was their preferred range in 1942.