Berlin Building and CityRoad/pavementV2 MODS *released!*

Finally! Blood sweat & tears I tell ya! I'm happy to announce the release of my complete tall heavy Berlin building set. Three buildings for you, summer- winter- and damaged versions, lovingly designed to feel at home in any battle taking place on German soil! Or anywhere, should you wish them to, really.

Also included is a reworked collapsed building facade texture.

Alongside the buildings I have also released CityRoad_Pavement Version 2, with a (more realistic) re-patterned sidewalk and a completely new pavement texture. This time (finally) in both the Ultra-res and standard-res versions

Some pics, some downsized:

Lined up next to eachother:

_Preview_fronts.jpg

Winter versions, with icicles, Ed!:

_Preview_winter.jpg

An effect I'm really happy with: semi-transparant broken windows!

_Preview_BrokenWindows.jpg

Updated city road and all new pavement. Picture taken from the ultra-res version:

_Preview_pavement.jpg

All this available at the place to score

Be warned, the buildings are a hefty download!

Have fun,

Juju

Okay, stop showing photographs and let's see some screenshots. ;)

The level of detail on these buildings is amazing. Pity to have to blow them up sometimes. From small arms to bridges to buildings (and many others), your versatility continues to impress.

Great looking pavement, and thanks for the icicles.

Yeah, Juju out did himself once again. :D Every time he or Andrew start working on something, I begain to drool!!

Great capture of the Pz IV on the pavement BTW! :cool:

And people, make sure to look at the bases of the buildings as they sit on the pavement in-game. Juju has come up with an awesome 3D effect!!!!! :eek:

[ July 28, 2003, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]

Originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

6GB of downloads in <24 hours will put a slight strain on a server... ;)

Oops, did I break the database? ;) That's 7.6 gig worth of buildings in 24 hours. I'm glad you all like them and the pavement!

Originally posted by Paddington:

1600x1200 resolution?

FSAA?

Anistropic filthering?

What kind of machine are you running?

Um, 1152x864/4xFSAA/16xAF on a Radeon 9700PRO. It's a fast machine, but then, I'm a gamer. smile.gif

Hot Damm! Whenever JuJu opens up the "big Guns" my poor old 56k gets overheated trying to download his newest masterpieces!

Those "popcicles" hanging off the winter sets are fantastic! Thanks! :D

How about a "shot to hell" german flag on one of the damaged buildings?

[ July 29, 2003, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: Panzertruppe ]

Thanks for all the kind words guys! smile.gif

Limey, broadband is cool. And think of it: in the future things will only get worse for 56k-ers!

Originally posted by Serge:

... after 3 attempts, the same result: "Compressed file or folder invalid or corrupt".

Serge, are we talking buildings or pavement here? You're the first and only one who seems to have trouble. We'll figure it out, though. Did you use winzip? Are you on a Mac? Did you use a download manager? Not sure any of that could matter, of course, but we gotta start somewhere, right.

Anybody else got problems?

If all else fails I'll send it all to you by mail. I'd need to split it all up in smaller zips. If Winzip is the culprit I could also use Winrar or Winace. Anyway, let me know. Email's in my profile.

Originally posted by Serge:

Juju ... great work ... although, we might have a small problem ...

... after 3 attempts, the same result: "Compressed file or folder invalid or corrupt".

Something buttoned instead of zipped? ;)

Also having the same problem downloading the Berlin building files (WinZip). I have tried it two times and also got the "compressed file or folder invalid or corrupt" notice.

I am using a 56K modem.

Perhaps you can break the file down to 4 or 5 smaller downloads ??

Thanks,

Stingray :rolleyes:

Stingray, Serge, I've considered uploading a new zip, but since you're the only two out of over 500 people who seem to have trouble with the file I don't think it's the zip's fault. Haven't got the foggiest what is the problem, though.

Also, I'm not too keen splitting the mod up in separate files in the database. Send me a mail, and we'll do it another way.

Originally posted by Juju:

Stingray, Serge, I've considered uploading a new zip, but since you're the only two out of over 500 people who seem to have trouble with the file I don't think it's the zip's fault. Haven't got the foggiest what is the problem, though.

Also, I'm not too keen splitting the mod up in separate files in the database. Send me a mail, and we'll do it another way.

Problem solved !!! I was able to sucessfully download the files. Thanks for the offer and most of all thanks for the Mod.... BEAUTIFUL-MARVELOUS !!!

Cheers,

Stingray :D