MikeyD Panther W.I.P.

After all the Panther talk last week I finally screwed-up my courage to start on the Panthers.

See below. You're not going to see a finished product anytime soon. This looks like one of those projects where it would be sensible to at least work on all the Panther D's and A's together. But here's how far I've got so far.

I felt guilty having to overwrite Gurra's great Panther mod to do mine. But when the beast's done Gurra's invited to do a camou version of his own on my artwork and can then overwrite mine!

PantherWIP.jpg?t=1167143943

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Mikey you scoundrel!"

Man, that's the very weirdest coincidence.

Just yesterday I was chatting with a girl, joking that for my New Years resolution i was going to try to become more of a 'scoundrel'. I explained "This 'nice guy' thing just hasn't been working out for me lately." :D

Here's an update.

Working on four Panther types at once. Its coming along much quicker than I expected! This one's the late A [edited, I had accidentally typed 'D'] with Zimmerit (Panther Zim is a horror to reproduce). It's coming to the time where i have to screw-up my courage and tackle the running gear (shudder).

Here's the screenshot:

PantherWIP2.jpg?t=1167749907

[ January 02, 2007, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

(Slaps forehead, cries 'D'oh!)

Sorry, I meant to say late A type, not D :rolleyes:

I've edited my earlier post.

The only two Panther types I'm planning for Zim at the moment are the As, and they should both be getting this waffle pattern. The initial Ds were produced pre-Zim. The later Gs were mostly post-Zim, though I could do an initial production G with a different pattern of Zimmerit, I guess. I had been planning to instead do-up the early G model as the steel wheel type.

I still haven't checked to see if the CMAK and CMBB Panther polygons match-up. If I'm unlucky this project could be TWICE as big as I was expecting! :eek:

Baby steps.

Last night I started the game but didn't do much work on the art. That was all your fault, I instead passed the time playing CM-Normandy ;)

I just stumbled across old greyscale Tiger I W.I.P. screenshots I took back when that project was as far along as my Panthers currently are. It was heartening, the Panthers are progressing about as well as theose Tigers did. When done I may be able to award the title "Super-Mega" to the Panther mods. Not many of my mods have earned that 'Super-Mega' title.

[ January 04, 2007, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Originally posted by MikeyD:

When done I may be able to award the title "Super-Mega" to the Panther mods. Not many of my mods have earned that 'Super-Mega' title.

They definitely deserve the 'Super-Mega' title. IMO with how grueling making the mods sound and how long we have waited. O and remember to relax and take your time...just not too much time. ;)

Tschüß!

Erich