Panzer IV Mod WIP (*Ambush Pics*)

I've started on a project to correct the running gear and maybe do some different cammo schemes on the Panzer IV's G/H/ and J. Here's an early rough sketch. The running gear is closer to correct now, but there's still a lot of work to be done. I just figured I'd put an early preview up.

m3699552-5572.jpg

** The tricolor version is close to done I think. May still dirty it up/weather it Schweinestall style. I'm not totally sure if I really like it yet, though, so I thought I'd see what you guys thought. The cammo pattern is a combination of a 12.SS scheme and one from 20.PD that I had color plates of.

m3767538-4224.jpg

m3767547-83.jpg

*** Here's a pic of the same with the "no Schuerzen" option:

m3767545-7389.jpg

**** Ok... the ambush scheme is just about ready I think. Still needs the skirts finished and the dirt/weathering:

m3784335-3792.jpg

m3784339-122.jpg

[ January 15, 2004, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: Dressler ]

Originally posted by tooz:

Any chance on getting a MkIVG (late) whitewashed winter mod thrown in? We have a winter MKIVG (early) but my tanks in Kharkov are sticking out like sore thumbs in their camo.

:( Please? smile.gif

I'll do my best. I'll probably release these as a pack and you can just pick and choose those you want to use. I've got two weeks off work recovering from hernia surgery- starting today, so I should have LOTS of free time to work on 'em. :D

• 3 weeks later...

The first of these should be ready pretty soon and will be at CMMOD's as soon as it's done. These should also work for CMAK. I've started with the ausf J. It took quite awhile to get the cast idler to look right, so that slowed things down abit. The late J with the Flammentoeter exhaust was most commonly seen with a different idler wheel than the tubular steel idler on the G's and H's as is pictured above. I'll probably do ambush and tricolor for this one, with winter versions of both. There'll also be an option for no schuerzen as well. I've tried to do the Thoma shield mesh skirts like were included with some mods in CMBO, but they haven't turned out to my satisfaction. The ones from CMBO won't work as the mesh looks wierd when viewed up close.

Very nice rework Dressler. Magnifique!

And, though I'll deny saying it, a nicely done tri-color. Now, imagine how stunning it would be with the more commor mid-late/mid-war bi-color blotch or stripe pattern scheme of Dunklegelb nach Muster RAL 7028 with an over spray of either Rotbraun RAL 8017 or Olivgruen RAL 6003.

Did I mention I love the bi-color schemes. ;)

Missing-Lynx.Com

[ January 10, 2004, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]

Another Missing Links devotee,eh? I spend way too much time there drooling over the works of Mirko, Blackwell, and others that just do stunning work. There are really some talented modellers posting over there.

There's a good chance I'll do a bicolor for both the G and H. I'm doing an ambush scheme already and possibly a late, late war "hard-edged" scheme, both for the J... so I may not get around to doing a bicolor for it, but I'll almost certainly do one for the mid-war Panzer IV's.

Thanks! The ambush mod is almost done, but I lost a couple of hours of work last night. My computer has done this to me a couple of times in the last two or three weeks. I'll leave for awhile to take care of something else and after awhile the computer times out or goes on "standby" or whatever where the screen goes black. Trouble is, when I get back to it, it won't fire back up no matter what I do and I have to force it to shut down by holding the power button in. Then, I lose everything I was working on that wasn't saved before that point.