T-34 Lifespan

I think this thread has spent its 6 pages of posts showing the following:

1. Bastables contracted. A lot too. I was holding back on his erroneous info hoping for even more bizarro behaviour from him but JasonC showed him his folly. He went to tell others about the points they were missing in threads far, far away I suppose.

2. Andreas came, blurted/baffled/bafooned and beat a retreat. Facts hit the fan and Andreas-Porgy ran away.

3. JasonC showed some real understanding of historical facts but should not have championed Andreas' blurts. JasonC is no small force in threads but has shown technological shortcomings in the past. I have learned that threads are a learning experience. Forcing me to uncover more detailed layers and finding I am even more correct than ever before.

4. The summary guy showed that he probably followed the thread and noticed that posters were not addressing the same points. He must have a QC background as this is a hallmark of that trade. I do not like the trade as it never assumes responsibilty and is always 'right' ( but uncommitted). If anyone hasn't guessed, I do have extensive manufacturing experience and can see through BS like the KV plant must turn into a T34 plant. What a wimpy argument! But anyway, thanks for jumping in. Please do again.

I wish everyone a happy new one and will advise: think/research before you post (or get real lucky like me!).

[ January 01, 2004, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Tittles ]

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

76mm Semi-Automatic Tank Gun (F-34)

------------------------41----42-----43-----44

Factory #92 - ~ ----1,600-12,729--12,229--2,621 -

Factories #8 and #9 - 249--1,385---1,587

Factory #13 - - -------------225---3,345--971 -

76mm Semi-Automatic Tank Gun (ZIS-5)

--------------------------41----42-----43

Factory #92 - ~ ---------220--1,361

Factories #8 and #9 - --------1,115----557

The F34 is the T34/76 gun. The ZIS-5 is the KV1 and KV1S gun. factories 92, 8 and 9 were making these guns in 1942. Notice that an additional factory, number 13 is added in late 1942 (for T34/76 F34 gun). Notice that ZIS-5 production continues in 1943 to produce the guns for KV1S(factories 8 and 9). Its rate of production goes down from 1942. But factories 8 and 9 increase F34 production.

T34/76 production could not have met increased production goals for 1943 without an additional factory AND diverting KV1 gun production to T34 gun production.

Someone threw out a weak argument about F34 guns being used in KV1S. Well, ZIS-5 guns could not be used in T34/76. Production of ZIS-5 guns in 1943 shoots this theory down. More than likely, new KV1S were produced with ZIS-5 guns. The quantity of guns produced closely correlates to number of tanks produced. Its very unlikely that these major sub-systems were produced as field installed parts.

Factory 92 ceased KV1 gun production earlier and went on to be a center of T34/85mm guns! Factory 13 also switched to 85mm guns.

Notice these are all tank guns and not SP guns, etc.

[ January 03, 2004, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Tittles ]