Soon ready for combat: PzIVJ mod

Almost done; a few pinkies to eliminate, tuning down a few white stripes which are to bright, some are still a bit wide and a few don't match perfectly yet. Anyway, this is how it will look about:

pzivj.jpg

Thanks to Makjager for providing me with this camo pattern, red primer overpainted with dark yellow, seperated by thin white stripes on a PzIV J in Bavaria, May 1945.

This will come with optional mesh wire Schürzen as well, turret numbers, German cross on turret side skirts and damaged (partially missing) skirts.

Soon.

Marcus

Tools,

May I be forward and ask that you e-mail me at WineCape@global.co.za as soon as you are finished with this beaut of a model? I need to install this in my /bmp directory as of yesterday...

Absolutely stunning! This is akin to JorgMC's(?) octupus green striped Tiger, and I have requested (from AndrewTF) before that he or any other modder spice mods up with various distinctly colour striped armour versions, even if these models are not completely historical, which it seems your mod is anyway. A double bonus.

Send my sincerest gratitude to that Irish man that helped you out on this one. ;)

Beautiful, beautiful. B_E_A_utiful.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

</font>

• Wine donation send to Fuerte for his PBEM HELPER, an excellent tool - it even lets you play 2 PBEM turns per e-mail exhange - if you play more than one PBEM at a time and have a Windows OS</font>
  • Sponsor of the (now infamous) Invitational (Ari Maenpaa)</font>
  • Sponsor of the 2 WineCape Tourneys (Fangorn’s Brazilian customs drank the wine prize up! + KiwiJoe)</font>
  • Sponsor of the Nordic Championships in honor of Nabla (His scoring system revolutionized CM tourney play)</font>
  • Rumblings of War, aka RoW I/II/III and beyond tourney sponsor (Wreck/Ali+Kanonier+Jon_L/~)</font>
  • Grateful donateur to the drinking habits of Battlefront.com (Baldy received the Fat Bastard Chardonnay)</font>
  • Thank You donation send to Manx (He used to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Wine donation send to Boots & Tracks for their scenarios created specifically for RoW tournaments</font>
  • Wine donation send to Gordon Molek for his CMMOS utility (Thereby making the installing of CM mods a breeze)</font>
  • Wine donation send to Andrew Fox for his CM modding work</font>
  • Wine donation send to Keith Miller @ Scenario Depot for his dedication in hosting CM scenarios</font>
  • Sponsor-to-be of Pengville’s “Gamey Bastard” tourney (In honor of Seanachai + Lars for showing an act of kindness to an outerboarder - Well, bribery does pay.)</font>

[ September 30, 2003, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Originally posted by tools4fools:

I like the colors as they are, the super-subdued variants are a bit boring in my opinion.

Touche! Give us more spice and all things nice. Please do NOT subdue it, unless as an extra option.

In fact, I am deleting my few Pz.IVJ's that I have right now - all of them J's - to await this stripey addition to my HDD.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

[ September 30, 2003, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Pat,

Having a tough week as I postpone everything 'till last week before I leave - as usual; keeps life exciting. ;)

Finishing this mod was amongst the things-to-do.

That camo pattern with those tiny withe stripes was quite a bitch to do. And there's probably no tank with more bmp's than the Pz IV with Schürzen.

Sunday is D-Day. See you early January in the Manila.

Marcus

Real Life made it impossible. Just too much to do these days. Yadayadayadayada...

Sunday morning it will be uploaded (is CMMODS up again?) as I will head for the airport then to enjoy my yearly winter holiday.

I promise to get it done before these holidays - don't want to keep you guys on hold until May.

:D:D:D

Marcus

Marcus

You must be on the jet to Bangkok by now. Drop a line when you get over to this side of the world. Look forward to seeing you in January as I'm sure there's a few girls at the G Point pining away for you!! Hehehe! Hope you bring a cd with your mod on it as it looks like CMMODS will be down for awhile.

Are you going up to HK as well?

All best

Patrick

tools4fools,

Very nice! I thought, though, that the P IV/J had screen skirts instead of the solid plates depicted on your eyecatching mod.

Regards,

John Kettler

P.S.

Further digging indicates that some had standard skirts, some had the mesh (see link below), and some had no track skirts at all.

http://www.ww2modelmaker.com/modelpages/TSPzivj.htm

[ October 06, 2003, 04:44 AM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Tools,

BUMP! Have you posted this beauty at cmmods yet?

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

</font>

• Grateful donateur to the drinking habits of Battlefront.com (“I am simultaneously embarrassed and proud to state for the record that only two bottles of your fine South African wines remain in my wine rack. The rest gave their lives honorably in the service of the construction of CMAK over the past several months.” -- Charles Moylan, 28 Nov. 2003)</font>
  • Wine donation send to Fuerte for his PBEM HELPER, an excellent tool - it even lets you play 2 PBEM turns per e-mail exhange - if you play more than one PBEM at a time and have a Windows OS</font>
  • Sponsor of the (now infamous) Invitational (Winner: Ari Maenpaa)</font>
  • Sponsor of the 2 WineCape Tourneys (Fangorn’s Brazilian customs drank the wine prize up! + KiwiJoe)</font>
  • Sponsor of the Nordic Championships in honor of Nabla (His scoring system revolutionized CM tourney play)</font>
  • Rumblings of War, aka RoW tourney sponsor</font>

RoW I winner:Wreck, RoW II co-winners:Ali, Kanonier Reichmann, Jon_L, RoW III co-winners: Deadly 88, Frunze, mPisi

-- Download and play the RoW III Tournament Scenario Pack.

</font>

• Thank You donation send to Manx (He used to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Wine donation send to Boots & Tracks for their scenarios created specifically for RoW tournaments</font>
  • Wine donation send to Gordon Molek for his CMMOS utility (Thereby making the installing of CM mods a breeze)</font>
  • Wine donation send to Andrew Fox for his CM modding work</font>
  • Wine donation send to Keith Miller @ Scenario Depot for his dedication in hosting CM scenarios</font>

Interesting camo scheme. Is this something you made up or did the Germans use this scheme? Did you get the idea from a photo or description? Looks neat!

ANyone know what the difference was between the H and J models? I remember reading somewhere that the J model did not have an electricall traversing turret, hand cranked instead? Anyone know of any other differences or if what I listed here is accurate? Nice mod.