Immoblized disappeared

Hundreds of games played but I just had a first, had to have been a computer mistake. But a tiger tank that had been immobilized for about 5 turns became mobile again,this was in a PBEM. Now there is some amazing luck. At least it is mine.

Just wondering has anyone ever seen or heard of this happening.

It's not uncommon. When a unit bogs, cancel its movement order, and give it an order to make a small, slow move 180 degrees in the opposite direction.

It is possible that the opposite direction part is just another urban legend, but the slow move part is critical. And I've unbogged lots of units this way.

Having a "bogged" unit becoming unbogged is common, the question is whether a "bogged" unit which becomes "immobile" can then become mobile again. In all the games I have played, when a unit is "immobile", it is stuck for the rest of the game, although in operations I have seen them come back in a subsequent game.

Unbogging isn't uncommon. I thought I was responding to a post that seemed to be saying that the poster had never seen a unit unbog. My comments about coming out of immobilization are several posts further up (I've never seen it happen within a scenario, but I've seen immobilized units from one battle in an operation show up as mobile in the next battle). Sorry for the confusion.

Guys, chill!!!.

Not talking bog, the game was designed to do that, but it was not designed to have a immobilize

vanish. I just was saying that it did for me in a game I am playing at this time (PBEM).

I just wanted to see if anyone else has ever had this happen. "It was amazingly Lucky"

Nothing else in the game seems un-normal

Originally posted by bitchen frizzy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by sudowudo:

i think that this immobile thing is one of those extremely rare glitches that do occur.never seen it myself but i have seen a halftrack float on a river,think there was a screenshot of that posted on here many moons ago.

Is this the one you're referring to?

Odd... </font>

I cant, I have not saved the files. It is seldom that I save files, normally it has to be a major event.

In this battle, the tank was behind the area of fighting, so it was of no value, so I was not sure when it became mobile again, because who checks a immobile tank once its in that status.

Second, even if I had saved the file, i have never bothered to set myself up to publish images here anyway.