Biltong's Campaign Rules - South 41 to 42

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Robert Olesen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seahawk-vfa201:

Depleted unit can be handled if they are not HQ units. removing a depleted squad/team can be done.

But if you remove that unit in the editor you do not get the morale hit you get when walking it off the map at turn 1. I think that moralew hit is a nice touch. </font>

To the Biltong community

I'm glad to present the BCR ClicknPick utility.

I tested this utility on my old Win98 computer and on my new WinXP Home computer and it worked fine on both of them.

However this utility can be viewed only at 1024x768 screen resolution.

This utility can be applied to Biltong's Rules v2.1 41 SOUTH June to December.

If anyone is interested I can send him the exe file (the program was written in Visual Basic).

You double-click the exe file and you are in the main page.

For the first time you can create a folder where to save your campaigns (you can manage multiple campaigns).

Then you select new or saved campaign (for the first battle you select obviously new) and the folder where you wish to save your campaign.

Then you are in the Parameters Sheet window.

You click on the time of battle and on your Player Experience and then you have all necessary parameters, after clicking the continue button.

If you have enough Favor points, you will be asked if you want to modify your die roll (a little difference from the rules, you are asked to use your Favor points before the die roll, so it is at your own risk to get a favourable result, i.e. to modify positively your Force Mix).

If there are Depleted units the utility will remember you of them.

Moreover the utility keeps track of the experience of all Battle Group and Attached units.

With the ClicknPick window you have all the parameters to play your battle (shift from CMBB screen using the Window key).

After using all parameters, click on the Done button and the Go to Main Page button and all the data will be saved.

Thus after a bunch of clicks you can play your battle.

When you have ended your battle, you load your saved campaign and you are in the Favor Sheet window: you enter all the data and you have your new Favor.

If you position the mouse on the category you have a tooltiptext like the notes in the Biltong Favor Sheet.

Click the Done and Go to the Battlegroup Sheet and you are in this sheet.

Again there are tooltiptexts explaining notes.

You fill in all necessary data and you have the experience of every unit. If there is an Emergency Reorganization the program will do this for you transferring units from the unit with most casualties to the unit with less casualties (with even casualties HQ units will go first for replacements and go last in giving units).

The computer will calculate Allied Counterattack, Axis Immediate Attack and Attached units.

The computer keeps tracks of all necessary data, like Days to be spent in City Fight, number of battles with Decimated losses,experience of battlegroup units, Depleted units, Attached units(Name, Purchase Points,Experience).

As I said above, anyone interested can get the exe file.

Enjoy!

Seahawk, to answer your question....

Any group on the screen that does not have the _Maximum_ number of men in it at the beginning of a battle, can not participate.

In the newest version coming out today or tomorrow, you will not be able to enter battle results for those men.

I should really make those guys turn red on the screen or something. I was assuming everyone would make a print-out.

p.

Originally posted by Peterk:

Seahawk, to answer your question....

Any group on the screen that does not have the _Maximum_ number of men in it at the beginning of a battle, can not participate.

In the newest version coming out today or tomorrow, you will not be able to enter battle results for those men.

I should really make those guys turn red on the screen or something. I was assuming everyone would make a print-out.

Roger that: so far no mistakes. This was my first battle where squads were depleted.

I had them out of the map at first turn and suffered the moral penalty.

:(

Hi, the legion of Biltong smile.gif

I really want to get into this and get going but...

my problem is I can not get the rules to print in excel the various paramater sheets fine! its the actual rules i can't get to print

is there a word version I can get ?

the print pre view shows only half the rules page left tot right :confused:

even after setting the print area i get the same

:mad:

HELP!!!

cheers :D

Originally posted by Mr Byte:

Hi, the legion of Biltong smile.gif

I really want to get into this and get going but...

my problem is I can not get the rules to print in excel the various paramater sheets fine! its the actual rules i can't get to print

is there a word version I can get ?

the print pre view shows only half the rules page left tot right :confused:

even after setting the print area i get the same

:mad:

HELP!!!

cheers :D

Strange :confused:

However - the next update will be out this coming Friday or slightly before and in the meanwhile you can get a PDF version at Scooby's Site

HauptmanFuhrer: Herr General, a dispatch from Berlin -

General Hawk: Let me have it son - Uhmm, listen up my Officers"

"Skill Promotion

Herr General! Your consistent good results are wonderful to see! You will be pleased to learn that I have submitted your name and those of a number of your men for medals and promotions. Now that we do not have to coddle you so much you can expect to see a drop in the amount of external support you receive"

General Hawk: Now, look how these burocrats sh!itheads work. I have just refused to fight tonight tonight as well. We need a rest, we deserve a rest.

We did a wondeful job and what these spoiled bratts comes out with?

Here, keep the good job going: get few medals and less support and be happy!

Fuc&, fuc& the medals: GIVE ME MORE SUPPORT!!!!!"

I HATE BUROCRATS!!!!

With these words and with a killer sight in his eyes Herr General Hawk left the Officer Quarters which have been arranged earlier, after the battle, in the main Gast Haus of the village.

The Officers didn't know what to think. Men were tired, some sick and still recovering from few wounds. Less support in the following days was certainly not going to be good news, especially if men came to know about it.

They were sure they could recover no more than few men in the couple of days before a new battle order was received.

The night was finally on them, few houses still burning, the smoke, the occasional cry of the wounded, some shot still fired: maybe one more unlucky Rusky joining his ancestors?

In the distant the Genaral Hawk was checking upon his men, surely wondering which one would have been left behind in the next days...

Originally posted by Peterk:

> Fuc&, fuc& the medals: GIVE ME MORE

> SUPPORT!!!!!" I HATE BUROCRATS!!!!

:D

It gets worse Seahawk ...much worse. Enjoy. Send those medals home to Berlin so they don't get lost.

Enjoying immensely. Once again thank you all actively involved in the B-Rules. smile.gif

[ March 10, 2003, 03:44 AM: Message edited by: Seahawk-vfa201 ]

Originally posted by Sublime:

IIRC -

It was an Axis Assault

50% casualties

I had like 125 inf points and around 200 arty thats it

The task force was mountain troops and i got a mountain platoon

40% ammo

this all in Nov 41

I ended up with no mountain troops, I Pz IV E

2 squads from 1st Plt (both with 5 men and low ammo)

2 squads from 3rd platoon (5 men each and the HQ)

1 '34 HMG

2 50mm mortars

my Company HQ (-3 men...)

and that was it

if you add together that equals about 1 platoon of forces... =/

Hmm I get that to about ~300 pts. And this was an 1000 pts Axis Assault? You selected the wrong force size. You should have selected:

(653(=your battle group) + 125(=inf) + 200(=arty) ) * (1 - 0.5(=50% casualty)) / 1.72(=axis assault modifier) = 284 = 300 pts force size.

Then in the QB "shop", CM would allow you to buy about 300*1.72*2 = 1032 pts. But you would only get to buy your battle group (~653 pts) and 125 pts inf/support (maybe one aufklärungs platoon and a hmg) and 200 pts arty (a 105 and a 75 FO?).

To those using the scenario editor:

You can also remove all setup zones (just like victory flags) and the QB will add "appropriate" zone automaticly.

You will ALWAYS get full ammo for all imported troops, the QB setting has no impact. So it's basicly impossible to use the scenario editor in the winter, unless you ignore the ammo settings...

Originally posted by SuperSulo:

You will ALWAYS get full ammo for all imported troops, the QB setting has no impact. So it's basicly impossible to use the scenario editor in the winter, unless you ignore the ammo settings...

Is that also true if you edit the ammo level for your battel group units before saving the file? Will the QB generator reset the amo levels?

Battle 12: Allied Attack - the same battle as mentioned back last week, ended rather surprisingly. I was ordering a general retreat from the VL as my Task Force was overrun with advancing Soviet Guards...

when all of a sudden a cease-fire was called and I claimed a Major Victory, with about 10 SMG rounds left to share amongst my Battle Group.

Has anyone else seen this happen to them? I had at LEAST 10 - 15 turns left... the AI could have easily taken the flag, I would have let it....

IIRC they had more ammo than me...! at any rate they had more troops than i, they could have rotated out the ones with little ammo left... plus, with their armor outnumbering me it's still a mystery why they didn't push on...

though the AI doesn't have an 'agenda' like we BCR players have...

I'll have to check that ammo issue again, though... good point

Originally posted by SuperSulo:

That is not my experience. In the Editor my units have less than Maximum value for their ammo and I may set the ammunition they get. Then in the generated QB I find those values I set the unit with. This way I may change the experience level of the unit and set its ammo to the % which comes from rolling the corresponding parameter value.

[ March 10, 2003, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Seahawk-vfa201 ]