Biltong's Campaign Rules - South 41 to 42

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok - got it now - when I copy your link directly into my Internet Explorer it works, but not when I click on it here on the board :confused:

BTW, Easy - It might be an idea to put the different map packs as seperate downloads on your site. When a player selects a map he doesn't want to download everything - just the relevant map pack. Have a look at SuperSulo's site - he does it simply and easily. The map packs get updated quite a lot, so it might also be an idea to copy Super and provide the last update date and version number for each map pack.

But you're most welcome in any case - the more sites that provide BCR downloads the better :D

[ March 14, 2003, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Biltong ]

To EasyCo and Billtong and the others in power...

Forgive my ignorance but with all the constant updates to rules and now maps I'm a bit confused.

First, on EasyCo's site their is a link to Map pack 6.0 including updates to all the other map packs. Does that mean that I just need this one file to get everything up to and including 6.0? OR is this just 6.0 and selected maps that have been updated from the other map packs? Thus I need to get the others first and then 6.0 with the updates?

Second the link for 7.0 includes not only the Kiev maps but also the rules for '42, teh players guide, and is that '41 in there also?

Third and finally, what's the difference between Billtaid and Clickpick? Nothing, everythign, or some things?? Is Clickpick and Billtaid upadated to the latest 2.2 rules? Do they cover '41 adn '42?

Thanks,

Javaslinger

The glorious men of the company now known as Horten's men have just begun a late march offensive against the red positions. Fully resupplied and at full strength, the loss of there first CO, has taken a bit out of all of them, but Horten, the legend who beat Himmler's drunk cousin in a drinking game has pulled the men together for a major push against the enemy.

Meanwhile in Germany, Herr Rausch was laid to rest in a small plot outside Berlin with friends and family looking on. We will remember him.

BCR is taking my life away. Please stop!

First Veteran unit: the PZ IV !!!!

Going against Allied as VETERAN level made for a tougher battle: only Tactical Victory this time. Two squads got so many casualty that I have 1 Green and one Conscript HQ. In the 6 squads total I have now 5 Green and one Regular :mad:

One platoon is so Green (they got ambushed!!) :mad: I will have to keep it behind and use it against routed units to speed up it experience and moral ;)

My CO has now 17 exp points.

General Hawk Journal: August 16, 1941

We had 3 weeks of rest (thanks Berlin) and we are now back to full force. This time we are securing the area as we expect a Ruski attack on our positions. We traveled hundreds kilometers so far. This time waiting for the ducks to come into our traps will be a boost for moral and experience.

This time WE wll ambush those sissies!!!!!!

:mad:

:D

The glorious men of the company now known as Horten's men have just begun a late march offensive against the red positions. Fully resupplied and at full strength, the loss of there first CO, has taken a bit out of all of them, but Horten, the legend who beat Himmler's drunk cousin in a drinking game has pulled the men together for a major push against the enemy.

Meanwhile in Germany, Herr Rausch was laid to rest in a small plot outside Berlin with friends and family looking on. We will remember him.

BCR is taking my life away. Please stop!

Originally posted by Javaslinger:

To EasyCo and Billtong and the others in power...

Forgive my ignorance but with all the constant updates to rules and now maps I'm a bit confused.

First, on EasyCo's site ...

EasyCo' site is still new and under construction - hence the confusion. Go to SuperSulo's site and all will be clear.

The Rules, the different Map Packs and some of the related documents are updated regularly and each update is given a version number.

BCR 41 South is unlikely to be updated again. BCR 42 South will still have a number of updates (patches?). Each update is announced with a brief list of the mayor changes - see post to follow.

Even the Map Packs are updated since most of our mapmakers are fanatics who go back and fine-tune their maps as their experience grows smile.gif

Obviously the Map List gets updated as we add new Map Packs. Don't download all the map packs - just the Map List. When you roll up a battle you choose a suitable map from the list and then you download the relevant Map Pack, if you don't already have the latest version of that pack.

Second the link for 7.0 includes not only the Kiev maps but also the rules for '42, teh players guide, and is that '41 in there also?

Tell Easy to put up a construction sign ;)

Third and finally, what's the difference between Billtaid and Clickpick? Nothing, everythign, or some things?? Is Clickpick and Billtaid upadated to the latest 2.2 rules? Do they cover '41 adn '42?

Thanks,

Javaslinger

Hopefully the 2 programmers will get back to you on this one...

The convention is, the version number of the program reflects the last version of BCR that it has been adapted to.

Biltong

[ March 15, 2003, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: Biltong ]

NEW MAPS!!!

BCR – MAP EXPANSION LIST v2.2

We now have over 220 maps!

Manstein has added to his excellent range and we’ve got 2 very keen new guys in EasyCo and Zigwied. Welcome guys!!

I’ve also adapted some maps from a whole lot given freely by Theike. Thanx Theike – once I have more time, I’ll try and do some more.

Manstein has started a trend and most Mapmakers are updating their work as our knowledge increases, which make for ever-increasing quality!

Very proud of these guys!! The maps are bringing an extra dimension to BCR, which I never dreamt of.

If any other guys would like to try their hand at map making – you are very welcome smile.gif

The BCR Map Making Suggestions doc has quite detailed instructions to help you along – find it at the normal download sites.

Updates to the following packs

MP4.1

MP3.2

MP1.3

New packs

MP6.0 – 83 new maps!!

MP7.0 – Kiev Battle Pack

All of the above here:

SuperSulo's Site

Enjoy

Biltong

[ March 15, 2003, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: Biltong ]

Just played my first Allied Attack on an EasyCo Map: Gonowka. Very nice.

From HauptmannFuhrer Hawk journal.

August 16th. Dawn.

Battle is over.

We repelled a powerful attack from Ivan who sent against us 13 tanks and over 2000 men.

11 tanks are now part of the russian scenery, bound to rust in the incoming winter.

It is August but already we had a cool weather. Hot days are most surely gone.

Major Victory but all my tanks are abandoned though they made the enemy pay a very high price.

Enemy infantry suffered 600+ casualties and some 200+ bodies are feeding the bushes of the steppe and the wild dogs and the rats.

29 of my soldiers are being sent with honor to Deutscheland to be buried with military honors.

The crew of the Pz II is now brand new: they just arrived and are still green but wil harden to battle as well as the one replacing the brave SPW 251 crew. They withstand the cross fire of 4 Rusky tanks with bravure: they simply refused to withdraw and made a whole Rusky platoon route before succumbing to enemy fire.

They will all receive a medal for courage in the battle field. I felt a sudden pain when I saw their halftrack burst into flame and no one bailing out.

Families have been contacted already: they can be proud of their sons as I am. They were my sons too.

Our Veteran PZ IV crew did a great job with 4 tanks destroyed and a countless infantry casualties. They lost their tank and we are receiving a brand new one but luckily they are all sound and safe and eager to kick ass.

We will rest till end of August, thanks Lord, before advancing and establishing a stronghold on the 2nd of September. We will have to hold on a little town facing an important road cross.

I am confident we will repell all attempts of dislodging us.

Luckily no more platoons are whole green. All have at least one regular squad which might help in the heat of the battle.

Our conscript Lt withstand nicely his first battle. He deserves the newly acquired respect from his young men. I hope they will get experienced soon before... I won't even say that. I hate seeing all these young faces come and go.

September is tomorrow already and on the second at dawn we'll reach the village. All looks calm now and we will have time to reinforce our defense as the intel tells us enemy will not get to us before dusk.

We will prevail again.

[ March 15, 2003, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Seahawk-vfa201 ]

I'm finally doing.. I'm reading through the players guide for my first battle.. Damned exciting...

I hope to keep a running AAR of my progress.

A quick question. Is the 'autoparameter' sheet workable with 2.2.? Or should I just roll my own if I want to use 2.2?

I think the fact that the '41 rules are 'done' has finally gotten me onto the horse. I one of those guys who has to have the latest patch...

Wish me luck...

Javaslinger

Running progress report...

Ok, this initial battle I generated in order to pick my taskforces... Well, that is a pain!

I guess due to the fact I rolled a lg battle, there is a TON of stuff to wrtie down. Plus sincle I relatively new, I'm having a hard time determining what's part of a company, what's extra, what's a platoon by itself, etc.

Question: My Initial point toatl was 3503, but reduced to 1832 after casualties and dividing by the assault factor. Is the 3503 what I use and the 1832 for the allies? OR do I use 1832?

Thanks, can't wait to start my first battle...

Javaslinger

Another couple questions... I think I figured out the previous one...

Why does the Battle Group sheet list 3 squads per platoon when it appears I have 4 per platoon? did I purchase the wrong Mot. Inf. Co?

The quality level I rolled for earlier. I assume that is only for the 'additional' task force units I purchase? So when selecting them I set it too green (what I rolled), but when purchasing my battle group troops I leave it at regular?

I rolled a heavily wooded map. Makes all my damn armor almost worthless.... Let's hope my 1350 points worth of artillery does something...

Is it normal after purchasing everything, for their to be several hundred 'points' left on the QB selection screen? I bought what I rolled in each task force catagory...

Thanks,

Ken

Originally posted by Javaslinger:

Why does the Battle Group sheet list 3 squads per platoon when it appears I have 4 per platoon? did I purchase the wrong Mot. Inf. Co?

I think you bought an "infantry" Inf Co instead.

The quality level I rolled for earlier. I assume that is only for the 'additional' task force units I purchase? So when selecting them I set it too green (what I rolled), but when purchasing my battle group troops I leave it at regular?
Yes.

I rolled a heavily wooded map. Makes all my damn armor almost worthless.... Let's hope my 1350 points worth of artillery does something...

Tough luck.

Is it normal after purchasing everything, for their to be several hundred 'points' left on the QB selection screen? I bought what I rolled in each task force catagory...
That's not unusual. Depends how much you rounded up to get the force size.

Horten's boys falter.

Herr Horten's lads have had a rough time over the last couple of weeks. The loss of their original CO and now a defeat at the hands of Soviet armour.

Meant to be a glorious drive to the Don,, the fresh assaults were badly timed and executed. The aircraft sent to cover the advance were useless. The pilot's will here of their stupidty soon enough. However Horten's taskforce's tanks were able to knock out a platoon of T-34's but did not have enough firepower to take out reinforcing KV - 1's. Horten made a quick decision after seeing two of his StuG's collapse and become a large metal road block. The force was forced to pull back. In the evening, Horten made a complaint about the Luftwaffe's accuracy.

What would happen if I set the temperature and weather to random?

Would I get something appropriate to the time (month/year) and region of the battle, and appropriate to each other?

If so, would it - on average - follow the historical pattern?

Edit: Did a search smile.gif and found out that there has been problems (not quite sure what exactly), and that the patch might correct some of this. There are 2-3 entries in the readme (I bought 1.02 so didn't patch myself) that refer to things like this, so something have probably changed.

Still, I'd like to hear about people's experiences. This might be the wrong place, though.

[ March 16, 2003, 07:29 AM: Message edited by: Robert Olesen ]