Biltong's Campaign Rules - South 41 to 42

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi Biltong

Appendix B - Historical Battles

If your next battle takes place on or after Dawn 15 September 1941 (Day 1; Week 3; Sept.): "Your Battle Group will take part in the Battle of Kiev. The battle takes place over 5 days.

You will need to download the Map Pack 7 - Battle of Kiev and read the doc therein. You will find it here:"

Does this mean that if my previous battle was on 10 Sept and my next battle date is say 19 Sept, I have to play all 5 Kiev battles?

and if my next battle date is one month later, i.e. 19 Oct, I can still play all Kiev battles?

it seems a bit strange...

Seahawk sez:

General Hawk

9 battles from Barbarossa 22 June: 8 Total Victories, one Major Victory.

Maybe I should put AI to Expert level and have it have always 150%

I got so bored with winning all the time (i think i may need my head examined) - i'm like 10-2 or something - that I upgraded my experience to Regular, which i hope is not ill-advised: the current Allied Assault I'm in is illustrating the concept of "human wave" brilliantly..... i'm still cowering in my trench waiting for it to recede, wondering what the winter will bring.

Herr j0ker

My trigger-happy CO is sending me into the fourth battle in a row, on the night of June 22nd. All I have left undepleted is my Company CO, 3 squads, 1 HMG, the PzIII and the PzIV. I guess I'm lucky to have two good tanks <G>. Of the rest of the battlegroup, only 3 men are left - the rest need to be replaced.

I have been rolling a number of 10's on the counterattack table. An interesting experience.

Back to the concept of prisoners...

So it is safe to say that if one wins a total victory, those who are captured are considered part of the count,,,,If this is the case, then a total victory should result in almost always gaining 50 points of favor? (in other words those who are captured at the end count towards victory?

SgtAbell

Originally posted by j0ker:

Seahawk sez: </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> General Hawk

9 battles from Barbarossa 22 June: 8 Total Victories, one Major Victory.

Maybe I should put AI to Expert level and have it have always 150%

I got so bored with winning all the time (i think i may need my head examined) - i'm like 10-2 or something - that I upgraded my experience to Regular, which i hope is not ill-advised: the current Allied Assault I'm in is illustrating the concept of "human wave" brilliantly..... i'm still cowering in my trench waiting for it to recede, wondering what the winter will bring.

Herr j0ker </font>

Here we go guys.

Update time smile.gif

BCR 41 SOUTH v2.2 & BCR 42 SOUTH v1.1

Changes

Most important: Date & Time has been simplified.

Only a couple of small modifier changes.

New Additions

41 South:

Kiev City Battle – finally in – see Note 1 – Date, which will point you to Appendix B, which will point you to Map Pack 7. :rolleyes:

MP7.0 KIEV BATTLE PACK

Our first Historical Battle Pack!!

Peter Molloy worked like a dog and created 100 maps to cater for 4 different map sizes and 6 Battle Types times 5 days. BUT to my great embarrassment I realized that it would be impractical to use all of them. It would have meant a mass of rules to cater for all the different variations. So, I had to beg for his forgiveness and restrict the Pack to just 5 maps redface.gif

The instructions for Kiev is included in the Battle Pack… so no rule changes in BCR itself.

To give you an idea – here’s the intro:

“On September 11, in the face of steadily increasing threat on both wings of the South-West front, Marshall Budenny requested permission to evacuate the Kiev pocket:

“Any further delay in the evacuation of this front,” was the conclusion of his report, “may lead to the loss of troops and enormous amounts of war material.”

From Moscow Stalin coldly rejected this request: “Kiev,” he answered, “must be held at all costs.”

The following 5 battles take place over the last 5 days before Kiev fell to Panzergruppe I on 18 September 1941.

14 Sept.: Outskirts

15 Sept.: Suburbs

16 Sept.: Worker's Paradise

17 Sept.: Urban Chaos

18 Sept.: Bridges of Blood

Each of these battles are unique and you will have special instructions regarding what parameters are ‘given’, and should not be rolled up, special Task Force units etc. All other ‘rolls’ and calculations are done as per normal.

Task Force units are bought as per normal – but you also get ‘extra’ units such as pioneer platoons and armor.

For the first time we’ll also be using a feature where the AI is provided with some extra clout ;) When importing these maps you’ll be asked if you want to “Import troops also?” – Select ‘Yes’.”

Hope you guys will enjoy the Kiev Battle Pack -– This is our first attempt, so feedback is most important. We are planning many more and the more feedback we get the better they will be.

I think this will become quite an important feature of BCR.

MAP MAKING SUGGESTIONS FOR BCR v2.2

A number of additions to this document:

Suggested Flags per map size.

Wide maps for Allies on the defense – to increase flank AT shots.

Inclusion of Damage and Craters

Buying extra Fortifications for the Allies.

Suggestions for making Historical Battle Packs

ISSUES THAT ARE SCHEDULED FOR INVESTIGATION

Apache’s idea for Counter/Immediate attack Replacements arriving Later – if at all. I like this one.

More Historical Battle Packs.

42 South has 2 City Battles scheduled for implementation:

Stalingrad: 15 battles and Sevastopol: 5 battles. Peter Molloy and Manstein has started on them… We hope to learn from and improve on Kiev once we start getting feedback. We also hope to improve the presentation and historical accuracy of these packs, so that even the grogs will be satisfied ;)

42 June Armor Update.

Using SuperSulo’s SE Option is on the backburner until we’ve heard if Steve will be ‘fixing’ the ammo % problem when you import troops.

Quite a number of new maps will be released in the near future.

I like the look that BCR’s getting – more and more polished all the time. Thanx to the BCR team and the players – your feedback has helped to make this possible.

Keep the ideas and feedback coming – it’s working smile.gif

Biltong

Get it here:

SuperSulo's Site

Originally posted by Knaust:

Does this mean that if my previous battle was on 10 Sept and my next battle date is say 19 Sept, I have to play all 5 Kiev battles?

Yes - I can't force you, but I would advice it ;)

and if my next battle date is one month later, i.e. 19 Oct, I can still play all Kiev battles?

it seems a bit strange...

Nothing strange about it - it's just a deadline: once you're on or past it, your Battle Group finds itself in Kiev and the Sh## hits the fan. Forget how far past the deadline you rolled - that's of no importance - all that matters is that you crossed over... You're now in the Kiev Battle Pack reality where you no longer roll for Date & Time - it is given and may God have mercy on your soul. ;)

Originally posted by Seahawk-vfa201:

Well... my experience is set as VETERAN

Attaboy!! That's my hope: that once the players reach 45 most of them will be on Crack!! Hmm - you know what I mean...

Have any of you experienced an increase in skills level when playing PBEM or TCIP? I've found that my BCR instinct to protect my troops has started to pay off and some of my old opponents are becoming... well, a bit lightweight... hope, they don't read this ;)

Originally posted by Biltong:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seahawk-vfa201:

Well... my experience is set as VETERAN

Attaboy!! That's my hope: that once the players reach 45 most of them will be on Crack!! Hmm - you know what I mean...

Have any of you experienced an increase in skills level when playing PBEM or TCIP? I've found that my BCR instinct to protect my troops has started to pay off and some of my old opponents are becoming... well, a bit lightweight... hope, they don't read this ;) </font>

I'm done with '41! smile.gif

It "only" took 35 battles... I skipped every immediate attack I could. My guys' experience and favor isn't comparable to "true" BCR, since I use my own rules, but about half are crack and the rest are vet. The CO is one point from crack. smile.gif The biggest reason my troops are so high is that I've skipped the rolled casualty part. I just can't accept that half the german army dies every other day. ;) My rules also gives me more units in the task force, so I've kept my guys a bit off the front line, and moved them up when/if the enemy is routed.

Just too bad I missed the Kiev battles. :( Wonder if I can play it in 42? The maps have some units in them, don't know what happens if they have units that is no longer available... Or maybe I'll use that nazi time machine and go back to the correct date...

[ March 13, 2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: SuperSulo ]

Originally posted by SuperSulo:

The biggest reason my troops are so high is that I've skipped the rolled casualty part. I just can't accept that half the german army dies every other day. ;)

The manual states that in operations a portion of your casualties are considered lightly wounded and come back for the next battle. I have used this concept in my own replacement calculation. The problem is, I don't know how big this percentage is. Does anybody know?

quoted by Biltong:

Have any of you experienced an increase in skills level when playing PBEM or TCIP?
Haven't played anyone else (little time to; thus the attraction to BCR!) yet, but I can easily see an improvement playing vs. the AI...

when I first got CMBB I was having no luck with winning any battles (the main reason I began at Green exp.); now that I'm looking after my Battle Group I find I'm much more careful and have a good record (so far, hah). I'm in the first week of Sept, so I'm primed for Kiev!

Originally posted by Robert Olesen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SuperSulo:

The biggest reason my troops are so high is that I've skipped the rolled casualty part. I just can't accept that half the german army dies every other day. ;)

The manual states that in operations a portion of your casualties are considered lightly wounded and come back for the next battle. I have used this concept in my own replacement calculation. The problem is, I don't know how big this percentage is. Does anybody know? </font>

Hey BCR Guys thank's for all your help smile.gif

Knaust with his new Clicknpick smile.gif

SeaHawk with his advice about Biltaid I download

the program and my Java program runs it.

Guess I am Luckie on that one smile.gif

When I have time I will give each program a test

run.

A message from Robert Olesen Mother in Law.

Hi :D He knowns what I mean :D

I am still back at starting gate hope I can catch

Up.

Have a good one BCR Players smile.gif

Lane

Originally posted by SuperSulo:

I'm done with '41! smile.gif

It "only" took 35 battles... I skipped every immediate attack I could. My guys' experience and favor isn't comparable to "true" BCR, since I use my own rules, but about half are crack and the rest are vet. The CO is one point from crack. smile.gif The biggest reason my troops are so high is that I've skipped the rolled casualty part. I just can't accept that half the german army dies every other day. ;) My rules also gives me more units in the task force, so I've kept my guys a bit off the front line, and moved them up when/if the enemy is routed.

At least you're honest :D

Just too bad I missed the Kiev battles. :( Wonder if I can play it in 42? The maps have some units in them, don't know what happens if they have units that is no longer available... Or maybe I'll use that nazi time machine and go back to the correct date...

Should'nt be a problem - Jump right in - all the units will be available... Once you're finished you just add 5 days to the roll and then carry on where you left off.

Love to hear what you find...