THE BIG MOD PREVIEW THREAD *ALL MODDERS INVITED*

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you can laugh, I released something a troll would call a mod ! Well, its just a *cough* protocol of 1 hour wasted for nothing the world desires *cough*

But we might have some finnish friends here...

FinnishFlagPreview.JPG

Well, Its not good, but, its my first. So honorate it or the mighty and evil troll will eat you :mad: ;)

Edit: get it at CMMODS

[ December 26, 2002, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: r0tten ]

Late-war winter "telogreika" Soviet uniforms.

guards_late.jpg

Sorry about all the historical inaccuracies :rolleyes: . If anyone who's seen a lot of Russian movies wants to give me any pointers, then please go ahead. :D

Actually, the guards badge is a bit too big, but I think it looks cool, so artistic license says it stays. smile.gif

[edited because I can't remember my own filenames]

[ December 26, 2002, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Sorry about all the historical inaccuracies :rolleyes: . If anyone who's seen a lot of Russian movies wants to give me any pointers, then please go ahead.

Andrew, I saw "Enemy at the Gates" several times and the uniforms didn't look like that in the movie. They look like clowns with big badges.

This is inexcusable. Please don't "waist" any more time on that mod ;)

GG

P.S. - Awesome work.

[ December 26, 2002, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: GreenGriffon ]

Can i make one comment about screenshots on the web.

Could people crop their images to just a close up of the mod.As thats what i am interested in.

Please have a look at various screenshots in his thread to see how it should be done.

(this is mainly for people who are still on dial up connection,not me by the way),As when i was on dial up i used to get pissed of with waiting for a picture to download and half of it was wasted .

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Late-war winter "telogreika" Soviet uniforms.

guards_late.jpg

Sorry about all the historical inaccuracies :rolleyes: . If anyone who's seen a lot of Russian movies wants to give me any pointers, then please go ahead. :D

Actually, the guards badge is a bit too big, but I think it looks cool, so artistic license says it stays. smile.gif

[edited because I can't remember my own filenames]

Andrew, your russian MOD in late winter uniform is great! Its historically accurate to what I saw in those pictures. When can it be expected to release? Only several modifications suggested. Could u model the round ammo pouch instead of those box pouch for submachine gunners? could the rain cape be added to recon soldiers? In addition, if the Maxism heavy machine gun could be put on wheels, that'll be very cool.

Originally posted by 200000:

Andrew, your russian MOD in late winter uniform is great! Its historically accurate to what I saw in those pictures. When can it be expected to release? Only several modifications suggested. Could u model the round ammo pouch instead of those box pouch for submachine gunners? could the rain cape be added to recon soldiers? In addition, if the Maxism heavy machine gun could be put on wheels, that'll be very cool.

I've said it before, his mods are probably the best that can be achieved without BFC releasing new 3D models for the soldiers icon14.gif

We are simply not going to see a proper greatcoat, a "platsh-palatsh" raincape, pull-over camo, etc :(

As stated in the MOD FAQ thread: the 3D models in CMBB CANNOT be altered, only the BMPs, so it is not possible to add elements like rain capes, change hats, etc.

The round magazine pouch is doable, though. Actually, I'm a few steps ahead of you already. ;) CMBB won't distinguish BMPs for SMG squads and rifle squads, so it will be an option, and maybe the CMMOS gurus can play with it down the road. Looks cool when playing SMG squads, though. smile.gif

Originally posted by MrNoobie:

beautiful! i havent played CMBO in awhile is the backdrop of the CMBO summer one new?

Well, if you mean the sky with the sort of "ridge", the answer is no. It's from one of the sky mods on CMHQ.

BTW I like your tanks - great work!!!

PS thanks for the feedback. smile.gif

Originally posted by Tanks a Lot:

I see you converted my CMBB trees to CMBO.

Yeah, I'm sort of on a quest to make CMBO look as good as CMBB. Well, along with creating more mods for CMBB. Your trees seem to really improve the look of *both* games. Your skies for CMBO look great too. As you can probably tell, I try to use mods in CMBO that compliment each other. To this end, I've also installed your marsh and wheat.

Keep up the good work and thanks for the comments!!! smile.gif