Campaign Tool - Testers wanted!

@kingofthehill

there's L.Tankersley who coded 'Mapping Mission', a tool to easify map creating (runs in windows). Very interesting if you create maps. Just search the forum for this keword...

@Hawk

Yes. (well it's a honor for me smile.gif )

I got only one bug report yet (from Japanzer) which is already fixed, so I think there're not much testers around (in the moment I hope). There's a dirty manual which tells you the first steps and after doing this you can try with the apps what you want (...haven't had enough time for a good manual yet)

Would be cool if you could tell me the problems you see (to support a campaign). As I said somewhere above, I've never played a campaign yet (ok a small one but no bigger things...). So there's a lack of experience for me to foresee the needs of gamemasters.

Thanks in advance...

Jens

Originally posted by Pyewacket:

@kingofthehill

there's L.Tankersley who coded 'Mapping Mission', a tool to easify map creating (runs in windows). Very interesting if you create maps. Just search the forum for this keword...

I find it,and i try it but IMHO is too complex, actually i need a simple tool that import CMMB map file in to CMMAK. I love to make map, and I love to use the same map in CMBB and CMMAK.

This is a screenshots of my first map in a zip file there are a two 3d screenshot, is a real map, and i working an a historical operation. And for this I need american forces of CMMAK but unfortune i created this map over CMMB.

map2.gif

This is actually map, on the 1944-45 many route and many buildings not it were.

zipfile is 318kb two realsize img

Thanks

KotH

@Kingofthehill

Sorry, I don't know if 'Mapping Mission' is able to transfer cmbb maps to cmak. I am sure this can be coded because in 'Mapping Mission' mouseclicks are generated, so the app knows where to click in cmbb for a special tile. If there were a list where a tile is in cmbb located and a list where the same tile is in cmak located, it would be possible to make a tranfer. You should ask Tankersley if he's working on such a thing.

'Mapping Mission' is not that complicated, just play around with it some time and then you get used to it. The cool thing is that you can copy and paste areas and draw roads just with moving the mouse....

@Hawk

done!

Originally posted by Pyewacket:

@Kingofthehill

Sorry, I don't know if 'Mapping Mission' is able to transfer cmbb maps to cmak. I am sure this can be coded because in 'Mapping Mission' mouseclicks are generated, so the app knows where to click in cmbb for a special tile. If there were a list where a tile is in cmbb located and a list where the same tile is in cmak located, it would be possible to make a tranfer. You should ask Tankersley if he's working on such a thing.

'Mapping Mission' is not that complicated, just play around with it some time and then you get used to it. The cool thing is that you can copy and paste areas and draw roads just with moving the mouse....

@Hawk

done!

As the editor is roughly the same, maps in Mapping Mission format can be transferred to CMAK - except for those tiles not present in CMAK. They are replaced by the tile in the exact place in the selection roster (where you select the tile type). E.g factories get buildings with pavements or sumfink.

The problem is getting mapping mission to read maps in CM format... only manually:

- take screenshots in the editor

- increase brightness of screenshot

- use it as background bmp in Mapping mission

- manually place each tile over the brightened background (to see the new tiles)

Gruß

Joachim

Well, there's no campaign thing included in the CM program. So some guys do it on their own. i.e. they collect some maps, make some rules for a strategic campaign, print a strategic map (like those in Panzer General, or a real map from a certain area) and play it (means they move armies or so over a strategic map and when they meet an enemy the battle is fought in CM). There's usually a game master/manager who is responsable for checking the rules and he's in charge of making the setup for a CM battle. After the battle the gamemaster has to count the losses and to update the armies. It's hard to find such gamemasters because you've to spent a lot of time. So the toppic you're in is a windows tool to support gamemasters to count losses and manage the armies. Just something to save time. It's not really something for a solo play or so...

Version 0.2 is ready.

new features:

- define HQ bonuses

- define experience of each unit in a platoon

- create battles with groups dug in. This means if the group carries fortifications like TRP, wire, mines etc. with it, such things will be exported to cm only if you say the group is dig in. If the group is not dig in, these fortifications will be not be exported to cm. This way you can define an individual amount of mines , wire etc. for each group used in a defensive situation.

These changes lead to a different file structure of group and battle files. So, those files from version 0.1 are not compatible with the version 0.2.

Jens

thank you.

Unfortunately I didn't received any critics or realistic proposals. So I am going to finish the project. Maybe there's someone who likes to use it in a campaign some time later and then I could make some additional /specific changes....

I will add a manual in the coming week/s just to finish the thing for myself.

Thanks for your reply

Jens

First off you are a god send lol. I am starting a new CMAK online campaign and your tools have made alot of things that would have taken a long time to make to be easy and functional. Thank you so much.

quick question i need a oob for cmak late 1941 for when the germans first entered africa, is there anyway i can make that or i can get the file. it is very important for my campaign and as soon as i get that i can really start going.

I should be able to beta test the hell out of both programs since we are new adn starting fresh so i can incorporate your tools right away.

let me know

glenn

http://www.sportsection.net/NorthAfrica/index.php

sully123@earthlink.net

[ March 04, 2004, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: Pappy113 ]

@savagegoose

if you've some questions or comments/critics just email or post them. thank you in advance.

@Pappy113

Great! I've send you a mail.

@all

btw: If anybody needs a special unit (*.dat) file for the gamemaster.exe (CMAK/CMBB), just drop me a line and tell me the year and month. It takes 3-4 days to create such a file.

Hi, Jens

I tried your tool. Here are two points that I saw.

1, GameMaster 0.2

When "Save Axis(or Allied)" is canceled, error message is displayed and the tool shut down.

2, Battlecreator 0.2

Both of "Save imported units data" and "Open imported units data" do saving units data.

Your tool inspires me to automatic solo campaign.

Now I try to make a CM macro system with a freesoft.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Jens:

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner, but I have been out of town on business for quite a while. Please give me an e-mail address (didn't see one in your profile) and I can send you my draft project, but you'll need Access to use it (it is in Access VBA and can be made a self-executing file when and if I finish it).

76mm

Dear Jens:

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner, but I have been out of town on business for quite a while. Please give me an e-mail address (didn't see one in your profile) and I can send you my draft project, but you'll need Access to use it (it is in Access VBA and can be made a self-executing file when and if I finish it).

76mm