Wanted: Video of Battlefront on CNN

It's a 24 hour all news program.

Edit for clarity:

It only shows the headline news, and repeats itself every half an hour or so, so you can always turn it on and see what is going on in the world/nation/stock markets etc. Frankly I am suprised they had Combat Mission on at all, usually they reserve that segment for the big name video games, like mario brothers.

[ February 10, 2003, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: DBaron ]

Originally posted by Other Means:

could someone fill in us europeans? what's CNN?

Um

Is that .... Cable News Network (?)

there are two flavours CNN proper, (all news all the time with analysis and commentary) and Headline News, CMBB was on Headline News, that one plays the same news every 30 minutes with updates all the time.

-tom w

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

there are two flavours CNN proper, (all news all the time with analysis and commentary) and Headline News, CMBB was on Headline News, that one plays the same news every 30 minutes with updates all the time.

And the Airport Network, a version of HN shown in - *gasp* - airports ;) and which, according to legend, doesn't ever show coverage of air disasters.

Nah, now the original author had an idea there. I just seen this story on CNN (Conservative News Naysayers), on the War with Iraq game. And it's getting great coverage. (Whether the game is any good isn't the point of the post).

Now see, this is yet another reason to do a Korea version of CM for the engine rewrite. By that time, the Korean penisula should be a full fledged conflagration and CNN will do a story on BFC.

[ February 10, 2003, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]

Ooo, I get tingles all over when they start talking that commie stuff.

"Und you mein frund, und you mein frund, und all of us togeether, da dee da dee daa, da dee dum da dee dum..."

Quick light the torches and get the books. I love the smell of freedom burning in the morning. :D

[ February 10, 2003, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]

Originally posted by MikeT:

CNN= Communists News Network

CNN= Clinton News Network

CNN basically seen as being very biased towards a certain liberal agenda by many Americans, obviously myself included.

MikeT

Mike,

Are you using liberal in its correct meaning to inidcate a political philosophy that favours the rights of the individual over the rights of the state, or are you misusing the term (as so often happens with people on the political right) to mean left-wing ?

[ February 10, 2003, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: BritishBulldog ]

BritishBulldog, basically for me liberal means that the state can do no wrong, that certain individuals/races are "better" than others, and that there is no crime that the favored can commit that will land them in jail.

Now before this discussion gets locked up. Let me say that I honestly believe that the laws of the land should be applied fairly, evenly, to all without favor or fear. That the individual is more important than the state and is not the property of the state nor are the rights of the individual granted by the state. The rights are inherent as a citizen, i.e., inalienable.

So before this discussion degenerates maybe we should take this off the forum and I am perfectly willing to debate details at my home email. It is above if interested.

BTW, I am also British born, mom was from Nottingham, but raised in Texas.

MikeT