CM Outpost ----> Well... its about TIME!!!

csaba-01.jpg

CMBB Patch 1.01 Update

Yea, I've been away for awhile. Like looking for a job. But I kept the site up and running. I've now finally got to doing some updates. The missing CMBB Patch 1.01 new models and textures have been added to the CMBB Catalogue.

Don't count on a rush of updates, my time is limited, but I'll be obtaining the missing mods and adding them SLOWLY. I'll also update the broken links to the sites that no longer exist.

Priority will be CMMOS supported mods. Sad about Gordon. I fell down and cried.

[ January 30, 2003, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: kump ]

Good man! Nice to have you back.

header_Winelands02.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

</font>

[ January 31, 2003, 02:40 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Welcome back Garry, good to see the Outpost back in action too.

I know Gordon had to give up due to family problems, but don't know what they were. If it's not too sensetive can you let me know either here or via email. I'm genuinely concerned for him, just from spending time on this forum I can tell he is a very good man.

Welcome back..... :D

Thanks for supporting the mods community.

I really enjoy your site, particularly for its speed, plus well organized and coherent approach to presenting the information.

I love CMMOS, so it's terrific that your emphasis will lean towards getting support for it current.

Thanks again...

Regards,

Badger

[ January 31, 2003, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: BadgerDog ]

A word about CM Outpost bandwidth...

The reason there is good bandwidth at CM Outpost is the same reason there is no advertisement. I pay for the service. A continuous drain. But its my own small contribution to the greatest wargame series ever done. Even if I'm not actively updating it, I want it to still be available for those who are new to CM and may want some of the "old" stuff.

The bandwidth is the main reason I no longer host new mods. I have a monthly limit and the fees for going over the limit is extreme. The browsing through the Catalogues and downloading the CMBO mods are already enough, though the average monthly bandwidth usage is still well below the "panic level" (about half). But I fear that monthly limit like the plague, so I tread with care.

My hats off to any site hosting mods for the rest of us, even though it may be a free hosting site and have really slow downloads. You take what you can get. The real killer for maintaining a site is not the money, but the time required to do the work. It eats up a lot of it. Free site or not, you can't escape the time investment. So sites using free hosting services get my respect as well.

A message from the sponsor...