What's the state of play with 1.03 please?

It being the last CMBB patch and all, every i has to be dotted and every t has to be crossed. Nobody want anything like that old unhittable AT gun problems to pop up in the last patch.

We can easily forget just how subtle a simulation CMBB is. All that arcane board discussion about russian penetration values and German armor quality actually does show up in the game in the end! I'm mighty impressed by the level of scholarship involved, and equally impressed by their willing to go that last mile to do it right.

I tip my hat to BFC.

Any idea how big the new patch will be? I am really looking forward to the patch and I suppose if it takes longer it is cos they are working on it and refining it. We don't want or need a half-baked patch, so if it takes a little longer then so be it.

Originally posted by Meach:

I don't think we will have that much longer to wait.

Wouldn't bet on that... because, I just today noticed a game-destroying realism killer!

In real life, Finns noticed that the original 50 hp engine of the three-axle BA-10 ac was not powerful enough. This otherwise useful armoured car was improved by replacing their engines starting in the autumn of 1943 with 95 hp Ford V-8 engines. All the armoured cars were modified.

In CMBB, however, Finnish BA-10 has only a 50 hp engine in 1944, making this AC almost useless against IS-2. I demand a fix!

No new models this time around. Patch should be less than three megs in size or approximately the same size as the current 1.03 public beta.

Closing this thread up now. When we have an update to report on the 1.03 status, we will make it.

Madmatt