Poll: Do u want an improved editor (Yes/No)

zappsweden

I'll vote yes. There may be some minor things Hubert can do with the existing editor and then make it available as a download. The game itself might not have to be patched.

That said, I'm curious what could be done with the editor. Just being able to edit the neutral setups of various countries would be nice. But a lot of the game mechanics appear to be programmed into the code and may require significant effort to work into a new editor. I don't see that happening. We will most certainly get an improved editor with SC2, and that should take priority.

Of course everyone will vote "yes". We could also take a vote on who wants a million dollars/euros and everyone would also vote "yes". But wanting or voting is not the same as getting.

I think that Hubert has gotten the message that a better editor is very much wanted. Whether such an editor will be created and when is entirely up to Hubert.

Oak you bastard ... you are giving Hubert a reason not to make a new editor... DIE!!!! :rolleyes: No but seriously. Games are for the people. WE are the ones that bought SC, WE are the ones that put money in Hurberts pocket(s) and WE are THE ONLY reason why SC is popular right now. I think it would be a damn shame if Hubert turned greedy and did care jack crap about what we want. :(

[ August 24, 2003, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: Some_God ]

Null vote here, since I believe Hubert is aware the a large number of players would like to have an improved Campaign Editor. Any decision he may or may not make in that regard is no doubt a result of numerous factors, some of which are unknown to us.

Frankly, I think ascribing traits to Hubert, such as "greed" and "not caring", is way out of line. Hubert has been unfailingly responsive on technical issues and also done a pretty good job of providing responses to player feedback.

Sure, I'd like to see some SC improvements, but I also have little idea of the effort involved in producing them. Just because we may not get what we want, does not mean that Hubert is suddenly "greedy" or "uncaring".

"Wachtmeister,

Frankly, I think ascribing traits to Hubert, such as "greed" and "not caring", is way out of line. Hubert has been unfailingly responsive on technical issues and also done a pretty good job of providing responses to player feedback."

And, Frankly I've never read any of that being attributed to Hubert! I've seen it said in reference to BattleFront, but not in regard to Hubert.

I doubt anyone here has ever written anything negative concerning Hubert, who is not being referred to in BattleFront remarks. And Battlefront itself has been pretty easy to deal with.

This whole track is wrong and offbase and turns a non-issue into an issue.

Im not occusing no one of nothin (oOoO a double negative :D ). All I'm saying is when the people who support and pay you ask for something you might as well do us a favor and do it... If you cant, then you have to give us a reason (for example: you are working on SC2). An uninformed public can get very rowdy (for example: people whos govt. lied to them) ;) .

Whachtmeister

Got the point this time and agree. Didn't mean to do my usual over-reacting entry, but I'm glad you added that second part as it puts the posting in perspective.

Somehow Hubert does sometimes come off portrayed as a fat cat, but hopefully it's understood that the playership doesn't see him that way.

Some_God

You ain't not saying nothing here!

The funny thing is, despite having pushed for this along with so many others for several months, the issue demonstrates how accustomed we've become to Hubert's responsiveness. I don't believe we've got the right to demand it, but we do have a right to request this feature.

The editor itself isn't an attempt to supplant SC2, but a desire to add the finishing touch to SC as it is.

Crazed SC players searching for an expanded game editor.

angrymob.jpg

[ August 24, 2003, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

I vote a qualified "Yes" too. It's qualified since Hubert knows and has always known that we would like this, we should take solace in that fact and also assume that he is making the right choice in where to spend his resources, such as his time, where it will benefit the SC community most! smile.gif And that's probably on SC 2.

Just my two cents.

Narayan

I vote Yes!

We should be able to make HQs.

And we should be able to make units for any

country. And any country should be able to

go to war with any country, for great what-if

scenerios. How about a map editor???