gamespot preview

azcat

By the way, I am also patiently/impatiently waiting for this game to come out....gamespot has 7/31 as the release date...Hubert, pls tell us whether this week is still a possibility..the demo is awesome, just too short to satisfy my cravings.

Honestly, I think this game is excellent, great work and pls keep them coming.

Originally posted by azcat:

By the way, I am also patiently/impatiently waiting for this game to come out....gamespot has 7/31 as the release date...Hubert, pls tell us whether this week is still a possibility..the demo is awesome, just too short to satisfy my cravings.

Well thats bad news. Based on the dev's silence on the release date issue, I'll believe Gamespot's date.

Glad to hear that you like the game, as for the Gold announcement, that will still happen soon and I do apologize sincerely to all of you for the delays. Please believe me everyone is working hard to get this game out for you and I have a very good feeling it will be worth the wait ;)

Hubert

Yes very odd, but I just attributed it to a boneheaded AI move.
As SuperTed has alluded to I can pretty much guarantee you that the AI did not make those placements. No disrespect to the previewer here but my guess is that he was just fooling around for the screenshots ;)

The gross overstrength of the Luftwaffe in '44 worries me more.[/QB]
I am not sure if you mean by number of units or tech levels but I'll try and best answer your observation. As far as I know from the sources I used, the number of German Air Fleets for the '44 scenario is about right, (I actually discluded Luftflotte Reich for play balance) but if it's for the tech level, keep in mind that for the final version jet's don't kick in now until level-4 and 5. The unit icon shown is for level-3 which is the beginning of the advanced swept wing design leading to full jet technology at levels 4 and 5. So that's a bit different from the 'Beta Demo'

Hope that helps,

Hubert

Congratulations Hubert, that Gamespot review by Scott Osborne can do nothing but help you, I am thinking.

I have visited that site for years, and have generally trusted their reviews, although, they do tend to be generic and non-specific at times.

If I had never heard of SC-ET when first reading the review, I would surely be extra interested afterwards, and if fact, would probably buy the game based ONLY on what I had read. smile.gif

BTW, one guy -- who knows military strategy, and games, is Bruce Geryk at Computer Gaming World. If you haven't sent him a demo yet, I would.

You are beginning to get some good press, and I am really thrilled for you, and the Beta Boys, and for all of us really, who share -- albeit in a very small way, your great adventure. smile.gif

Aiy! A reviewer who actually "gets it!" Concur with Aloid on how good the '44 screenshots look.

All the more reason to keep spending time I do not have coming to this site over and over again looking for news on the release.

Hey, I'm only four hours from Toronto - can I just come pick it up in person when it's ready? I don't want to have to wait on damn UPS!!!!!!

No disrespect to the previewer here but my guess is that he was just fooling around for the screenshots
I was the previewer in question, and while I don't normally comment on my work to anyone but my editors, I'm a long-time member of the CM community, which makes me almost a gaming cousin to you guys here ;) So, I wanted to say that Mr. Cater is correct: I was fiddling around with different approaches to see how the AI reacts since I've seen too many strategy games with really weak or illogical AI. Warmgames are almost always best enjoyed against other humans, but it's important to me that you can enjoy a good match against the AI, too.

I'm not at liberty to say more about the game than what I wrote in the preview, but I was impressed with what I saw of the AI. It rightly seems to punish you if you don't properly coordinate your service arms.

[ July 12, 2002, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Gremlin ]

As originally posted by Bill Macon:

More good press for the turn-based strategy game!

It's time to get this baby out. C'mon Hubert. Push! Breathe! Push! Breathe! tongue.gif

My, my -- the oddities you'll see... Bill, the drill instructing Midwife.

Here's hoping the qualifications for his usual occupation have -- NOTHING AT ALL to do with this one... tongue.gif

Bill, the drill instructing Midwife.

Ah, pick on Bill. I was hoping the image of Hubert barefoot and pregnant in the middle of the summer would get more attention. Es ist immer wieder etwas, ja? ;)

Where is the game already? Listen, I'll write up a nice game preview in our local rag newspaper and send you a copy. Just send one of them CD-ROM thingys with a Gold stamp and we'll call it even. :D