No PBEM replay for opponents turn????

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

So if PBEM replay is included then you will all buy the game? ;)

Spoken like a parent who has the candy behind his back while the two year olds throw tantrums. :D

Seriously, I can only speak for myself, but just based on the amount of entertainment contained in the demo, I will be buying at least two copies of SC (I might have the honor of having the first quasi-pre release order, last month my brother's birthday gift was a certificate redeemable for a copy).

The no-opponent-move-replay thing would be a negative in my book, but it wouldn't kill the game for me. One thing I've learned as I get older and moldier is that very few things in life are exactly the way I would like them. Hell, I've even learned to tolerate things I really didn't use to like. So if the replay movie turns out to be the cauliflower of SC, I'm not going to let is spoil my meal.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by BloodyBucket:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

So if PBEM replay is included then you will all buy the game? ;)

Spoken like a parent who has the candy behind his back while the two year olds throw tantrums. :D

Seriously, I can only speak for myself, but just based on the amount of entertainment contained in the demo, I will be buying at least two copies of SC (I might have the honor of having the first quasi-pre release order, last month my brother's birthday gift was a certificate redeemable for a copy).

The no-opponent-move-replay thing would be a negative in my book, but it wouldn't kill the game for me. One thing I've learned as I get older and moldier is that very few things in life are exactly the way I would like them. Hell, I've even learned to tolerate things I really didn't use to like. So if the replay movie turns out to be the cauliflower of SC, I'm not going to let is spoil my meal.</font>

Thanks Hubert!

I was going to buy it anyway just to end the frustration of the demo ending right when the game was getting interesting.

But like Aacooper, PBEM is the way I have to play due to time constraints. This will be a great help.

... just awoke to a terrific thrashing noise, and what do I see? :eek:

This collective sigh of relief -- has blown over

A HUGE old oak tree,

Which had survived -- berserker woodpeckers,

And early freezes,

And hurricane breezes,

Since the year -- 1563!

Hubert, you da man! This is very good news.

After playing my fifth PBEM, the lack of a replay was getting to be a major handicap. My opponent was learning my strategy (Allies), but I was having a hard time of it, because I was playing blind. Hard to do much, when all your units are right on the front line, and his can operate a few hexes back.

I was planning on getting two copies right off the bat anyway. But this will definitely increase my appreciation, and therefore my praise to others. Many thanks.

as i am not mistaken in the Warlords series the pbem recognizes how much uploads/retries from the original sended file have been made. somehow the info is stored on disk.

so w eknow it can be done, i am surprised even that it aint implemented in every pbem game. and ofcourse it can be cracked/hacked but i am a gamer not am hacker (as with most serious gamers)

as for what i have seen from the 2-turn demo this game looks like the old ww2 game about 10 years ago. (i forgot the name but still have the manual upstairs somewhere). anyone know what game i am talking about?

this game aint revoltutionair in scope and design, but still could be fun. but the pbem things must be solved.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your open-mindedness and respect for people Hubert. Not many overworked game designers can match that - you're the best I've seen since Oleg Maddox (creator of Il-2).

It's easy for people to forget that you've worked your butt off on this game for two years. No-one could blame you if you were absolutely sick to death of SC by now - many people would be like "for God's sake lets publish this damn thing so I can have my life back!"