Nice Disclaimer

watchdog

Available Now For Sale!

Battlefront.com encourages you to review the product details and demos before making a purchase, because ALL SALES ARE FINAL! :D

Based on either demo, I wouldn't give a plug nickel for it.

Oh, and I know, Moon: THIS THREAD IS LOCKED!!! :mad:

AHHH!!! Here come the "THREAD NAZI'S": NO THREAD FOR YOU!!!

[ July 22, 2002, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: watchdog ]

So you are going to congratulate them next on making het point and providing the demos next, aren't you??

'cos of course that's what allowed you to save your money!! lol

Say it with me - THANK YOU BTS

C'mon now, what does the new demo give you that the old demo dint? Am I sposed to take their word that the game itself is better than the demos. From what the demos look like, I'll see this game on the Underdogs in 2 years.

The demo gave you the opportunity to say "no thanks - I dont' want to buy the game".

So what's your beef - if yuo dont' want it then don't buy it.

Life can be really simple like that sometimes.

And since it doesn't intyerest you I'm a little unsure why you would bother posting anything here in the first place :confused:

Watchdog, I must disagree. I enjoy good tactical wargames, such as Panzer General, et al. I also enjoy playing Command & Conquer online, and have gotten fairly good at that. But I believe my favorite games are on the larger strategic scale where long horizon production must be determined by the player, such as this one. Unfortunately, there hasn't been a lot of good strategy games like SC to choose from. Civilization II was quite good in that regard, but I found Civ III much to unwieldy and cumbersome.

IMO Strategic Command has the balance just right. It's for the times you don't want the frenetic pace of Command & Conquer II, or the plodding, extremely lengthy duration of Civilization II.

I know I'll be playing SC quite bit once it arrives, and am looking forward to PBEM with as yet undetermined oppenents, many who probably lurk on these threads. I already have a buddy lined up at work for hotseat games. IMO, $25 was underpriced, a bargain.

Sooo, if you don't like the game, don't buy it. Simple enough. The demo saved you money. You've had your say, so be gone, as those of us who do like the game can exchange ideas, and prepare for the eventual full length version.

Good Luck

watchdog is just jealous cause he ain't got no disposable income like the rest of us, and he can't plop down twenty five bucks on a whim

he has to wait for two years till the underdogs gets it

that's too bad

i don't want to see watchdog suffer

let's all pitch in a dollar and buy watchdog his very own copy

u take paypal, mr plug nickel?

ALL Sales Final!!!! always wondered who invented this notion.

Sheeeesh what a concept.

Just because every computer out there worth buying has a cd burner, and if you don't know someone with a program that can crack into Fort Knox let alone some humble computer wargame's protection, then you most be the only one.

I for one think it is entirely logical that if you bought it you bought and live with it is fine.

Condidering how impossible it is to avoid getting a good level of input on a game regardless of how new, I have myself have no sympathy for people that buy software and then decide they don't lke it.

I only expect one thing from a company following release of a game, that they let me have free modifications to it when they become available.

Every program evolves. I expect SC to evolve as well.

I really dont see a problem. I believe Battlefront's policy is clear. They tend to deal in absolutes. My guess is, in the long run, it gives the various folks who would look to exploit a more liberal policy very little wiggle room. The beta gives you ample chance to see if you like the game. Obviously you didnt. Some of us did enjoy it. As was pointed out, $25 is very cheap. If we want to see more pure strategy games, as opposed to first person shooters, or real-time type games, then we need to support these type games when they do come out.

I wouldnt presume to speak for Battlefront, but would imagine that, should one get a defective disk, they would replace it (though not refund the purchase). If you dont agree with a companies policy, by all means, feel free not to buy their products, but dont slam the product itself.

Marc