THE SC WORLD CHAMPION LADDER

zappsweden

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And again Comrade Trapp (Allies + 200) loses to Rambo (Axis). This time I fought to the death, Axis sealioned in August 1940 with both German and Italian troops. I did not have enough units to defend so I evacuated England and withdrew to Canada hoping to fight another day, but the US and Russia did not enter in time and the game ended. :rolleyes:

Rambo beat himself against Terif. I was Axis (200).

Don't attack Spain before ALL the minors join the Axis. I thought long as one has joined in won't prevent the others. I was wrong. Bummer, because the game was going to be a good one.

I had:

Poland

Denmark

LC

France

Vichey

Hungary had joined. For some dumb reason I attacked Spain. I thought when one minor had joined, the others will follow regardless of the DOW on Spain.

[ February 09, 2003, 06:19 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Hmm, Spain was only the last nail smile.gif

Rambo lost a lot in France ( 2 armies, 3 corps) and it surrendered in October 1940. I could save the whole french army with HQ, 2 armies, tank and some corps. In the end I had 4 airfleets, 3 carriers and research superiority. Low countries and Brest had been liberated, Egypt still Allied, total allied air superiority in France.... It was only a matter of time smile.gif

[ February 09, 2003, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

What kind of crap is that? Yes, I lost 2-armies in France. Anybody out there take France without any damage?

You had 3-carriers & 4-air fleets. You should, you start with 3-carriers & put every cent into air.

Tech superiority? Jets-1. Sure, that gives you victory too. Did you see my no tech air leave France?

Don't think so, quit trying to be me with the glory seeking.

I'm the original.

after some turns receiving very high air damages your airfleets left the battleground and went to Italy. I know it because I met them with my partisan corp. Your airfleet was at strength 4 before the encounter, as far as I know it had only once intercepted, so it lost 6. My carriers only lost 0-1 strength point with each attack and the first turns you had 3 airfleets Intercepting, thats a lot of mpp down the river...

I dont think you had much left to build units.

Anyway, you hadnt conquered Norway or Sweden and Russia was coming in...

However, you conceded so we dont need to argue about that ( But if you want to we can continue the game with an old save before you attacked Spain ;) ).

Originally posted by Carl G. E. von Mannerheim:

CvM concedes to brad tennant

Also, Zapp, not to cause a stir, but how are u ranked so high with such a bad record?

CvM

This ladder is not about building yourself a record but rather of defending your position on the ladder. Some ladder systems out there favour the frequent players i.e if u leave the ladder for 2 weeks you might have lost 10-15 positions just because ppl are collecting wins. Some games can take up to 20 hours, so it will be very time consuming to maintain a high rank if many wins or game frequency was important.

The rules describe what makes u go up and down in rank. If u lose to a lower ranked opponent you will lose rank and if u win against a higher ranked you will gain rank. Can it be more clear or simple than that?

[ February 09, 2003, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

This ladder is not about building yourself a record but rather of defending your position on the ladder. Some ladder systems out there favour the frequent players i.e if u leave the ladder for 2 weeks you might have lost 10-15 positions just because ppl are collecting wins. Some games can take up to 20 hours, so it will be very time consuming to maintain a high rank if many wins or game frequency was important.

The rules describe what makes u go up and down in rank. If u lose to a lower ranked opponent you will lose rank and if u win against a higher ranked you will gain rank. Can it be more clear or simple than that?

Very good point, some of us don't have the time to play more then 1-2 games per week and many not more the 1-2 per month. But if it becomes a problem where someone will not play a lower ranked player, it will be noticed and something should be done.

Liam over Cro_Panzer <Cro_Panzer had 125 and I got Allies>

After into attacking France it went poorly and dropped out so I assume he conceded as I didn't recieve any other responce from him..and he entered another game 2 minutes later

Liam

Hey fellow Ladder players:

It has gotten to a point against strong players that my games are taking an average of 12+ hours to play! This game can be addicting as hell (heaven). I'm trying to cut back a little bit & it's a bitch, I go thru withdrawl. Been busy at work with the new project, gotta stay focused. Golf season is coming too.

Plus I'm attending a Poker tournament & will be enjoying the opening of March Madness in Vegas! Plenty of parlays to bet & fun to be had.

So if you want a Ladder game against the Legend of Rambo, please book an appointment: jon_j_rambo@yahoo.com.

PPE_LV_hilton.jpg

I won't be playing any SC from March 20-23, because I'll be in the Las Vegas-Hilton baby! I love being me. You too can be a Legend.

I have in-progress against the following players, please log an appoinment to continue.

CvM

Hueristic

Zapp

Terif --- Will continue 11:00 pm Forum (Tuesday)

Codename Condor

Rambo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OUT

[ February 10, 2003, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]