zappsweden

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Hueristic:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by cruzzer:

TO ALL LADDER PLAYERS

We should have a general concenus about the italian gambit (pre-emtive taranto invasion) - I dont think that a game glitch should be allowed to be exploited. Could we have an agreement that ladder games will exclude this cheesy move?? :confused:

So peops are useing my Gambit alot now aye? Ahh Emulation the greatest form of flatery.

:cool:

BTW why is it cheesy? It is a game, because it shifts the balance? Becuse it's Ahistorical? Like invadeing Canada? Or because u can't figure out a way around it?

When i first showed up here everyone was bitching about the axis advantage and i came up with this counter. Is it going to come down to people bitching about every possible strategy to counter an earlier one? </font>

Kenderhoff over Liam

Liam Axis

Ken with a 175 bid as Allies a very good sport.. and honest

carried into 1941 May. When france finally began to weaken with the presence of Italian air. That was too late and he'd destroyed the Italian Navy...

Wachtmeister (Axis) surrenders to "Terif the Unbeatable" (Allies + 125).

Another lesson in ecomomy of force for Der Wachtmeister. Took France by 21 July '40 ended up with Malta, Alexandria, Suez etc., plus Vichy, Greece, Iraq, and Yugoslavia by Spring/ Summer '41. So the UK may be in some difficulty with regard to their MPP base - right? Wrong! 2 -level (3) jets, and 3 - level (1 or 2?) carriers deal out unsustainable damage to the Luftwaffe, and assorted city defending ground units each turn.

Congrats to Terif. You play at a level to which we humble Sgts. of artillery can only aspire.

Shaka (Axis) concedes to Wachtmeister (Allies). Bid was 175.

If you havn't, you ougth to read the post by Wachtmeister about what Terif did to him with the carriers.

Its just amazing how people come up with new ways of defeating others. I tip my hat to the one who devised the carrier/ireland technique .

Sure is alot of brain cells being burned on how to win in SC.

Rambo (Allies) got beat by Terif (Axis). Wow, first time I've played Allies. bid 200.

I played like an idiot in the Med. Been getting my ass kicked with both sides in those Med. naval battles. Time to evaluate what the hell (heaven) I'm doing down there. Competition is too tough to give any edge.

[ February 16, 2003, 04:39 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

What strength is Terif? Look at his record. He doesn't make many mistakes (if any). When I mean mistakes, I mean lazy type moves. All pieces have a purpose.

What makes him different? The dude has play tested moves & rules. Without a doubt he plays the best France I've seen on both sides. Making the key decision when to bail & when to fight. Doesn't depend on whacky gambits & BS. Main thing, he knows how the rules work. I'm a Legend, but never read the rules. Terif probably has the rules memorized like Bible verses or something. The bulk of his game his standard: how to rape the minors, counter here, counter there, etc.

But the main reason he's tough as the Allies (and I've beaten most everybody as the Axis), Terif is like a frickin' General Surgeon, MD., with those carriers.

Who will be the first to beat Terif? Hope it's me. Most likely will be Zapp, because they play 3-games a day.

Rambo

Captain of Team USA