THE SC WORLD CHAMPION LADDER

zappsweden

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wachtmeister Allies +175 surrenders to Iron Ranger, who played very well - congrats. Interesting, hard fought game, but Allies could not overcome losing the med.

Warning to future defenders of France:

Don't forget [like I did!] that France falls, no matter what,if Paris falls. The change in v.106, designed to combat excessive withdrawal of French units to the UK, also prevents any defense of France in depth. Lost 10 French ground units, & 1 air unit, plus all but one fleet, when the Germans got good die rolls with a two-hex - 4 hit attack on +1 experienced 8 factor army in Paris. At that time,(21 July 41) Allies held all French resources except the mine, also held the Low Countries.

TO ALL LADDER PLAYERS

We should have a general concenus about the italian gambit (pre-emtive taranto invasion) - I dont think that a game glitch should be allowed to be exploited. Could we have an agreement that ladder games will exclude this cheesy move?? :confused:

I dont think its a part of these type of games, if its allowed it degrades the game, becuase you will play axis knowing that taranto WILL be invaded and the italians will be in trouble from the beginning, and there is no defense against it.

Maybe we should ask Hubert to add a patch that a coutry that is declared war upon is allowed to place its units? That would also take care of preplanned invasions that the invader already knows the setup?

just my 2 cents

Cruzzer

Terif (Allies) beat me, bid 200. Those damn carriers are unstoppable! My Level-13 Jets get chewed a new ass. Carriers don't even take a hit while my HQ'd Jets-13 in German cities get hacked down to 6. That's $200 a pop. Can't afford that while fighting the Reds. I don't get it, the Brits didn't even have technology? Bottom Line: Terif is one tough player. I'll need my A-game to beat this guy, can't make one lousy mistake or you'll be bumming. Terif plays the best France I've ever seen, that's no joke. He sets a fatty trap in the 3-directional hex, stomps with the French & fills with the Brits. Most excellent! It's a death spot, shore bombardment, carriers, alot of crap. The good news is: I am Rambo & I will take care of business in France, but, Terif pulls off great evacuations. He makes good decisions as the Allies when to pull the plug & get the hell (heaven) out.

CvM --- Where are you? Did you get grounded from the computer? If so, probably for the best, so you can get a life away from the internet. Here's some friendly advise: if you like computers get a computer science degree, that's where all the cash is & all the jobs are.

Hueristic --- Dude, where are you? You came crashing onto the scene with solid game...must have more important things to do like get a life. Wish I wasn't addicted to this damn game.

Hubert --- How about making a U.S. Civil War game? Ships, Canons, Leaders, Calvary, Experience, Forts, Random events, etc. Forget about WW I games, same terrain & very boring combat with trenches. Or how about something with the New World? Or Roman times? Those would be great multi-player. If you're going to try the Pacific WW II, you'll need to start from scratch: naval & air will need to be redone. I hate the stupid naval supply in SC.

[ February 12, 2003, 02:40 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Originally posted by cruzzer:

TO ALL LADDER PLAYERS

We should have a general concenus about the italian gambit (pre-emtive taranto invasion) - I dont think that a game glitch should be allowed to be exploited. Could we have an agreement that ladder games will exclude this cheesy move?? :confused:

I dont think its a part of these type of games, if its allowed it degrades the game, becuase you will play axis knowing that taranto WILL be invaded and the italians will be in trouble from the beginning, and there is no defense against it.

Maybe we should ask Hubert to add a patch that a coutry that is declared war upon is allowed to place its units? That would also take care of preplanned invasions that the invader already knows the setup?

just my 2 cents

Cruzzer

I agree fully. The preset positions for Russia, Italy and all neutrals makes this game too much of a theoretical practice of standard stereotype manuveurs.

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Terif (Allies) beat me, bid 200. Those damn carriers are unstoppable! My Level-13 Jets get chewed a new ass. Carriers don't even take a hit while my HQ'd Jets-13 in German cities get hacked down to 6.

That is because YOU attacked his carrier IN PORT. Yes, the interception flaw is still there in carrier vs air fleet. That means that IF he attacks something with his sea port carrier and u intercept with air fleet THEN u will attack his carrier in port :(

I found out this flaw/bug recently (in my latest Terif game) and posted it. Terif, however, already knew about it and won the game...

Originally posted by zappsweden:

That is because YOU attacked his carrier IN PORT. Yes, the interception flaw is still there in carrier vs air fleet. That means that IF he attacks something with his sea port carrier and u intercept with air fleet THEN u will attack his carrier in port :(

I found out this flaw/bug recently (in my latest Terif game) and posted it. Terif, however, already knew about it and won the game...

That and Air out of river hexes needs to be looked at.

Lost to Terif bid 100 I was Axis. Damn this Boy kicks ass. I made one mistake early and it compounded into an insurmountable Hurdle. Terif is one great player that knows how to hedge the odds and not over extend himself. I've never been able to sucker him into a trap once. and i've laid a few that have caught many others. I should be 0 and 3 now 3 losses to the Champion.

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Hueristic --- Dude, where are you? You came crashing onto the scene with solid game...must have more important things to do like get a life. Wish I wasn't addicted to this damn game.

Thx ;) Been set off a little from my Irish Fiasco. Took some time off. Also got into a argument with the Cable company Phine division and they cacelled all my services (Friggin Monopoly Bastards). So I have to connect with a Cell Phone for the time being. The good news is i've got it running stable and i played on it for Hours against Terif today with no issues. Better than an AOL connection LMAO ;)

We still got an unfinished game since i'm playing on the lap[top now i'll have to dig it up from the desktop and we can get back into the thick of it.

:D

Originally posted by cruzzer:

TO ALL LADDER PLAYERS

So peops are useing my Gambit alot now aye? Ahh Emulation the greatest form of flatery.

:cool:

BTW why is it cheesy? It is a game, because it shifts the balance? Becuse it's Ahistorical? Like invadeing Canada? Or because u can't figure out a way around it?

When i first showed up here everyone was bitching about the axis advantage and i came up with this counter. Is it going to come down to people bitching about every possible strategy to counter an earlier one?