Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg Announced

Madmatt

Currently in development (scheduled for a Q4, 2004 release), the new grand strategy masterpiece from award winning game designer Hubert Cater! Combining the ease of play and accessibility of the original Strategic Command, Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg adds tons of new features including many player submitted suggestions. Bigger, better and expandable, Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg is an evolutionary as well as revolutionary new grand strategy game.

Click Here glimpse of what's in store for you in Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg!

Madmatt

Wow!

Total W....?

..something in Flames...?

SC2 is definnitely top of my list!

Looks fantastic, and intriguingly adaptable. It brings to mind the evolution of civ to civ2.

You say the map illustrated isnt at the limit of the engine?

the possibilities....

When will you allow us to give our money to you??

Roman

Tabarnac! The graphics are just amazing.

And the new features mentioned, WOOT!

I just hope my one wish of being able to have a full map is possible through the editor , which it states! (Full WW2 game upcoming for sure, yay)

But hey, at least the map is A LOT bigger and individual control of countries WEEEEEE!

You need me as a beta tester, heck I'll even make the trip to where you live if I have to (I'm in Ottawa). :D

[ April 15, 2004, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Blashy ]

• 1 month later...

I was thinking that terrain graphics would be improved. Because with Rome: Total War coming out I believe that it would be a very difficult game to challenge. But I have so much enjoyment with the Ddemo of SCET. So therefore I believe that it will be a success. Go on www.gametrailers.com and check out Rome: Total War 2k4 trailer. I order to make thisame more known, the creators should make a game trailer and post it on www.gametrailers.com. There is still time to beat R:TW because its coming out in September 26th, 2004. Oh and BTW your making the game sound very interesting with the diplomacy, map editor, open ending and so on... TO make the game more accessible, ship it to stores like Future Shop, Walmart and EB Games.

[ June 14, 2004, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Jozef Pilsudski ]

• 1 month later...

Wow! That looks great. I can't wait to play it, only thing I wonder about is will the units still auto update with the newest tech or will only newly produced or refitting a unit "upgrade" it to be new.

In other words will you see an ME109 and an ME262 at the same time on the map?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm sure I'll buy the game - game play on SC is great (I'm in my first week of play and I love it [game anyone - currently intermediate player and former Avalon Hill guru]).

However piece icons are a bit toy-like for my taste. Will there be a more traditional option for guys who are just getting to old to have that much fun?

I also find the horizon satellite perspective a little off-putting and I'm not even sure why. Again, I like straight top down view. I'm I just turning into a crank or does anyone else feel this way? Don't get me wrong, I'll buy it.

And yes I feel my ability to play chess diminishes slightly if I'm not using Staunton pieces.

Max

I agree with you Max, I hope we will have the options to turn these toy model token into normal wargame token and that we will also have the option to have the vertical view on the board and not the side one only...

I hope Hubert have not spent too much time/money on the graphics as we will probably turn them off as fast as we can smile.gif

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...