maps of north africa needed

Originally posted by dieseltaylor:

This looks good for NE Libya. Google can work wonders : ) The map is just over a MB.

Oops better do it as a link rather than image!! map

Thanks, I had found that map. I am looking for topographical maps, ideally 1: 100,000 scale so I can make an accurate map of actual battles.

right now, I am trying to design a scenario based on the Tank battles on June 15-16, 1941 as part of Operation Battleaxe. I have a decent map and a good description of forces involved in thomas Jentz, "Tank Combat in North Africa", but I would be happier with a more detailed map.

Thanks, I had found that map. I am looking for topographical maps, ideally 1: 100,000 scale so I can make an accurate map of actual battles.

right now, I am trying to design a scenario based on the Tank battles on June 15-16, 1941 as part of Operation Battleaxe. I have a decent map and a good description of forces involved in thomas Jentz, "Tank Combat in North Africa", but I would be happier with a more detailed map. [/QB]

I have a British Army issue 1:100000 map of the El Alamein area as was used during the actual British attack. It was issued to my Grandfather a Staff sergeant in the RAMC attached to 51st Highland Div. I also have abetter condition 1:100000 map of the same area. I don't have a scanner that is large enough but could take some jpeg photos and email them to you. The British Army map is not in A1 condition, and may not turn out all that well. Let me know, you can email me via gmcewan@totalise.co.uk

Cheers fur noo

George Mc

Originally posted by George Mc:

I have a British Army issue 1:100000 map of the El Alamein area as was used during the actual British attack. It was issued to my Grandfather a Staff sergeant in the RAMC attached to 51st Highland Div. I also have abetter condition 1:100000 map of the same area. I don't have a scanner that is large enough but could take some jpeg photos and email them to you. The British Army map is not in A1 condition, and may not turn out all that well. Let me know, you can email me via gmcewan@totalise.co.uk

Cheers fur noo

George Mc

e-mail already sent. El Alamein is an area I want to tackle, especially the early July battles and Alam Halfa ridge.

Originally posted by JC_Hare:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by George Mc:

Cheers fur noo

George Mc

e-mail already sent. El Alamein is an area I want to tackle, especially the early July battles and Alam Halfa ridge. </font>

Originally posted by George Mc:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JC_Hare:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by George Mc:

Cheers fur noo

George Mc

e-mail already sent. El Alamein is an area I want to tackle, especially the early July battles and Alam Halfa ridge. </font>

Hi JC_Hare

Nae bother neebs! I'll get around to taking the photos tomorrow. By the way, is the resolution they are taken at OK for you? If so i will just do the same.

The rather dirty map of Alamein has lost of notes re type of ground. If you find you cannot make them out let me know and I can do close up shots of the sections. Glad they are of use.

Cheers fur noo

George Mc

• 3 weeks later...

Hoolaman,

very nice map and it can be magnified without losing any detail. If you see anymore, please post the link, it's almost impossible to find decent maps of north africa. I am currently working on a couple of north africa scenarios and the lack of detailed maps is the biggest problem.