Apologies

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to apologize for the extended delays on the Gold announcement. Last weeks events coupled with a few unexpected items will unfortunatly cause this announcement to be slightly delayed. I'm sorry for the string of promises and please feel free to blame me as I am positive some of my inexperiences have come to play in this matter. I just ask for your continued patience and support and we'll get this game out for you guys soon. I can assure you everyone is working very hard to get things ready, and although it may take a few days longer, things will roll VERY quickly once it happens. smile.gif

Please believe me, if there is anyone that is really excited to get this game out for you guys, it is definitly me!

Thanks,

Hubert

we can forgive you, but remember, nice reviews won't help you if we (the gamers) can't have the game!

Anyway, stratcomm is very (VERY) good, so we'll wait.... but this is starting to seem like portuguese hospitals: we wait, we wait... and we keep waiting... (believe me, you wouldn't want to get sick in Portugal...)

Hubert!

Don't blame yourself...

We love to piss and moan, and grunt and groan when we can't have our toys...

We're all still little boys who see the toy in the shop window, and cry when we can't have it!

;)

I'm sure we'll be happy soon... then it will be nap time... heh!

Aloid

and although it may take a few days longer ...
DAYS? :(

Cut to Apocalypse Now hotel room scene: "Every day Hubert and the Beta Boys sit in the bush playing SC they get stronger while we get weaker." [Drink some more whiskey.] [Kick in the mirror.] "Gotta get a mission ... "

Thanks for the update. Do whatever it takes to make things right. smile.gif

Hubert! Everything's cool man. I'm not even big on grand strategic games but I'm going to buy a copy just because of the help you personally provided to me in getting the beta demo up and running man. (*Gives Hubert a "Grinning Bill Clinton Thumbs-Up"*)

Hubert, no need to apologise. We still have the demo to carry us through a few more days. We are all behind you, ready when you are. And, when you say that SC is ready.

The only post we need to see from you (in the next couple of days), is that it's released!

From Bill Macon:

Cut to Apocalypse Now hotel room scene: "Every day Hubert and the Beta Boys sit in the bush playing SC they get stronger while we get weaker." [Drink some more whiskey.] [Kick in the mirror.] "Gotta get a mission ... "

Bill, that made my day

(just watched Apocalypse Now)

Bill, that made my day (just watched Apocalypse Now)
I am a naive and ignorant bystander to life, a person who, paradoxically, happens to have a rare gift for observation, synthesis and the use of anecdote to plumb elemental truths about human nature that will come as stunning revelations to ordinary individuals such as yourself.

Actually, that was a line in Gene Weingarten's column of this weekend's Washington Post mag, but it struck me as entirely too good to not share. ;)

Originally posted by Kodiakwdj:

Speaking of stunning revelations, I notice no one has denied the 7/31 release date from the gamespot review.

Probably because if they deny that date, they will instantly be asked 'what is the actual date then' and they don't want to give one until the actually know (ie the game is finished).