Hidden Allied/Axis commitment

Barticus

I was just reading Ted's AAR (excellent job BTW) and now I have a few questions. As I understand it now, the player will know the exact amount of commitment each Allied/Axis country has toward their particular alliance. First of all, is this correct, or am I completely off?

Now the questions;

1) Does this percentage apply only to the Major powers of each alliance?

2) Would it be possible (via a game setting perhaps) to hide this percentage, or only use vague terminology? i.e. Strong, Moderate, Weak.

IIRC, Hitler was surprised by England's declaration of war after the invasion of Poland, and I feel hidden commitments would add an element of uncertainty to the proceedings.

Bart

Good points, the commitment percentages only applies to majors and for all modes of play were kept in there. But as I am in the process of cleaning up the FoW messages (kept in there until the end just to make sure the AI was playing properly) this will most likely be hidden for this mode of play.

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

Good points, the commitment percentages only applies to majors and for all modes of play were kept in there. But as I am in the process of cleaning up the FoW messages (kept in there until the end just to make sure the AI was playing properly) this will most likely be hidden for this mode of play.

Ahah!

He is taking out debugging stuff, that must mean the demo is soon to be released!

"Pronto" indeed!

Jeff

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

I think, though, that even in FoW, the commitment level should not be totally unavailable (it is in general no big secret how another country feels about yours). I like the idea of replacing them by those "strong", "moderate", "weak" etc. messages.

Straha