Patch v1.03 Released!!!

Hubert Cater

I've just updated and released the v1.03 patch. It includes everything from v1.02 and a few new changes, bug fixes and AI tweaks. The v1.03 patch can be downloaded from here:

http://www.battlefront.com/products/stratcom/download.html

If applying this patch on top of v1.02 there will be no need to delete the SAVE and PBEM folders as it is fully backwards compatible, however if applying it to v1.0 then you will have to delete those folders prior to patch application. The SC version can be determined by the number that appears on the lower right hand corner of the main menu screen.

Be sure to check the 'README.txt' and 'SC Version Changes.txt' for more specific instructions and information, these are installed in your SC installation folder once the patch is applied.

Note: With this patch you will need your Strategic Command CD in your default CDROM drive.

**Changes Made For v1.03 (August 16, 2002)**

- added CD contents check, verifies SC is in the CDROM drive

- reduced CPU usage to ~10% during idle time for both SC and Campaign Editor

- improved AI usage of air units, slightly more coordinated and aggressive

- improved amphibious assaults wrt naval cover, air cover and HQ usage

- friendly aircraft now provide air cover for each others units etc.,

this was actually part of the original design and always considered a bug on my part

- adjusted the scorecard to take into account difficulty and computer experience

bonus settings

- fixed sub spotting bug wrt transports

- adjusted reorganization planning for improved proactive defence, esp. Russia

- fixed non-attacking axis AI bug when non-random game options were chosen for

Russia, Minors etc

- theme music or 'drum beat' is now killed once SC window is minimized and out of

focus when still in the intro menu screens

Enjoy!

Hubert

Edit: Added the exclamation marks ;)

[ August 16, 2002, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Hubert Cater ]

Don't know if anyone else will have the same problem I have. It looks like the game CD has to be in the the first CD Rom. If you have more than 1. I have a rom and a writer. My writer is drive D and my Rom is drive E. The game will not launch from from the later after applying the patch. Hope this tid bit saves someone from a little frustration.

[ August 16, 2002, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Chris5110 ]

"- friendly aircraft now provide air cover for each others units etc.,

this was actually part of the original design and always considered a bug on my part"

whoa!! british air will now react to strikes on french units?

that's pretty un-historical, no? i mean, british drawing supply from french sources i can overlook, but cap?

you know, most games or simulations have specific rules prohibiting the french and the english from co-operating closely in order to simulate the historical friction...

what reason do the americans have to build even a single air unit now?

i'll try rebasing the entire british air force plus one hq to russia after barbarossa and we'll see how the germans do then...

I have to be honest here, I wish, with the new patch, that it would not be necessary to have the cd in the drive in order to play the game. I understand the need, namely to reduce the abuse of passing the game around and avoiding all important additional sales. I was simply used to the fact that I could play the game on my notebook, without the need of carting around the disc. I may have even sparked interest in a sale or two when people stop to watch me as I play the game in Washington Square NYC.

Too bad there wasn't an alternative that would achieve the same result.

Codes I got yer codes right here.

Hmm ignore that seedy individual peddling cracks and codes.

Keep it so the cd has to be in the machine. Sure some will complain (even when reasonable), but a code is just a code.

And you can get codes off the net.

A healthy company produces more games in time, a dead company doesn't. And a company stays a lot healthier selling products.

But we already knew all that.

Since I installed V1.03 my version of SC is unstable. I can play away for 30-40 mins then the game freezes with graphical glitches on screen. Its easy to escape out, ctrl-alt-del and kill SC, but when I restart and load the autosave my sound is gone, hence a full reboot is necessary. I didn`t have this with any previous version. Anyone else experience this problem?

I have to be honest here, I wish, with the new patch, that it would not be necessary to have the cd in the drive in order to play the game. I understand the need, namely to reduce the abuse of passing the game around and avoiding all important additional sales. I was simply used to the fact that I could play the game on my notebook, without the need of carting around the disc. I may have even sparked interest in a sale or two when people stop to watch me as I play the game in Washington Square NYC.

Too bad there wasn't an alternative that would achieve the same result.

Sincerest apologies for this change guys, but circumstances have warranted it necessary unfortunatly.

Hubert

Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1b:

Codes I got yer codes right here.

Hmm ignore that seedy individual peddling cracks and codes.

Keep it so the cd has to be in the machine. Sure some will complain (even when reasonable), but a code is just a code.

And you can get codes off the net.

Just as you can get a good quality IDE CD burner for about $50 USD plus a decent blank CD for .50 US cents and defeat 'the CD must be in' code, or download the latest 'No CD patches' from the net.

I don't know what the answer to casual piracy is, but it isn't 'the CD must be in the drive to play', thats just annoying.

Originally posted by husky65:

SNIP

I don't know what the answer to casual piracy is, but it isn't 'the CD must be in the drive to play', thats just annoying.

I agree ... CD-in-drive checks are not preventing piracy, but rather only harass the honest customers. :(

Straha

Originally posted by Straha:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by husky65:

SNIP

I agree ... CD-in-drive checks are not preventing piracy, but rather only harass the honest customers. :(

Straha</font>