Ive won so many games Im getting bored

Gee this is starting to sound,( god forbid )

like one of those "Peng threads" So In my effort to avoid such a disaster, I well invite any would be allieds to polish their

boots on my mean old axis butt, tip my hat

and say, until we meet agian!

"Don't insult your enemy

Kill Him"

ghost of Peng thread

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rarely post, but this is looking to be a very long and fun to read thread. I would put my name in for a game, but unlike Kiwi my many bloody losses come from my own poor leadership and numerous mistakes. Those of you who do have the honor of playing the great Kiwi please post the results and don't leave out any of the gory details.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jshandorf:

Bikini-Joe,

I'll slap you silly like the red-headed step-child you are.

Send me a setup and prepare to meet your maker.

Jeff<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You Go, Jeff. Beat him like a rented mule!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KiwiJoe:

Ive been playing Cm for well over 1 yr now. Ive lost 3 games.. 1 vs Jarmo (1st eva game ... very bad luck) 1 vs Pete (defense on old patch really hard to win) 1 to wreak cant say I was out played but just didnt go well. Never lost a single game as allies. Ive never been out played. Are CM players all talk or have I just played the lower end of the stick? I read all these intelligent comments about game-play yet Ive yet to see ot incorperated into actuall gameplay.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you played any of the longer standing members of this forum? From the way they talk, they all must be Mr. Tactical "I never expose a flank because I'm God" geniuses. Although you fit that discription too, me thinks! tongue.gif

Hello Gentlemen, it appears Mr.KiwiJoe has

all his troops tied up at the moment. At the same time my troops are poised and hungry for some "Allied troop steaks". Would either

one of "Ellros","Terence" "jshandorf" be in command of an Allied force at the moment?

"don't insult your enemy..

Kill Him"

ghost of Peng thread

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Micheal Wittman:

Hello Gentlemen, it appears Mr.KiwiJoe has

all his troops tied up at the moment. At the same time my troops are poised and hungry for some "Allied troop steaks". Would either

one of "Ellros","Terence" "jshandorf" be in command of an Allied force at the moment?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm Terence, not "Terence". If nobody else will play you, I'll take up the challenge, but really you should try hard to find someone else cause I suck and won't be much of a game.

See my post in the "Did anyone every lose to the AI" thread for why.

Hello Terence, you problably underestimate

yourself, or our trying to lure me into a false sense of carelessness ;) When the reaper come's a callin, it could be either one of us which well be answering tongue.gif

But if your game, just email me a setup,

parameters of your choice,just let me know, max. 1500 pts. since my pc lacks any power...

And let the lead fly and the blood spill!

Cheerz

Been asleep. Im in the processing of accepting games from a few emails now. I dont like to play more than 2-3 games at the same time so dont be offended if I dont play you. I hope I get at least a slight challenge outta some of these dogs :D

I joined a Ladder when I 1st got the game. Won 8 games in a row and stopped using it. Ladders bring out, shall we say, "questionable" tactics. Drawing a game out the full 30 turns when you have no chance to win just so you can get a slightly better rating aint my idea of fun.

LOL Joe, ladder players drag the game out? So what, in RL would an infantry comander launch an attack into the jaws of enemy tanks and infantry if he lost his tank support? Doubtful. In a recent ladder game I lost all my armour by turn 5. I faced 2 fresh enemy tanks, 3 HTs and an unknown infantry force, with nothing but infantry, piats and light/med mortars, no guns of any sort, and on a fairly open map. I'd lost both my tanks and inflicted 0 enemy casualties. Both myself and my opponent thought i was finished, I "dragged it out" 30 turns, and eeked out a minor victory. (Good game BTW Boff)

I'm gonna make it as hard as possible for my opponent to win. Obviously. If that means "dragging the game out", hell yea i'll do that. After all its possible my opponent will make mistakes. You seem to think that most games are won and lost in the first few turns, thats IMO rubbish.

Theres nothing gamey about using the time youve got. LOL sounds like you just want suckers to play.

[ 04-21-2001: Message edited by: Londoner ]

[ 04-21-2001: Message edited by: Londoner ]

Eh? where did I say I thought the game was won and lost in the 1st few turns? What I meant was when you destroy most of the enemy's support units and a good chunk of his infantry by around turn 15, whislt losing little yourself, and they just "goto ground" for the rest of the game with no intentions of trying to win. Unless your going to try a plan to at least pull off a draw its time to surrender I think.