While your waiting, a little CMMOS example screenshot.

For those that don't know, CMMOS (CM Mod Option Selector) is a program written by Gordon Molek to replace the nasty batch file system.

I have added a RuleSet myself to do German Uniforms. Here is the result.

pubimage.asp?id_=55448

It's hard to see, but I have Scipio's Heer Splinter Uniform selected and below that I have options to switch between 5 different but relevant helmet textures (there's different relevant helmets available for each uniform-you don't need a Splinter helmet option for SS Fall for example) and two styles of trousers-full camo pants are obviously visibile, but if you scroll down, the regular feldgrau pants are available with yet again the same 5 helmet textures to choose from.

And then so to apply a certain uniform, trouser and helmet texture, you just click the "Apply" button and the uniform and options will be automatically installed.

NOTE: Unfortunately you'll have to redownload these Uniforms in their CMMOS- Compatible forms for this to work as there is a complex naming convention used in this RuleSet.

I have included the following uniforms in this set:

1) Maximus's Felgrau repaint of Andrew Fox's Heer and SS uniforms.

2) Andrew Fox's original "Brown" Heer and SS uniforms

3) Scipio's Splinter Heer uniform

4) Scipio's Tan-Water Heer uniform

5) Andrew Fox's Splinter Heer uniform

6) Andrew Fox's Spring, Fall, and Drill SS uniforms

7) Andrew Fox's Splinter FJ uniform

8) rangefer's Feldwebel FJ uniform

9) Maximus's own crazy creation Blue-water FJ uniform

10) Andrew Fox's entire Panzercrew set

I tried to only include the latest Hi-Res Uniforms in this set. I thought about DD's uniforms, but decided against it. However you could write in the rulesets of your own.

No Volksturm options are included at this time as it is assumed that you have Andrew's Volksturm uniform already installed.

But anyway, this Program is really cool. This makes changing between uniforms and options very easy.

[ 08-29-2001: Message edited by: Maximus ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

I am going to try like hell to get this program and the first batch of CMMOS mods posted this week!

Madmatt<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, no problem.

I just finally buckled down to get this Ruleset done. I like to procrastinate too. ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ron:

Very impressive, look forward to using this utility. Thanks in advance to the creators. Anyone know if a feature like this will be built into CMBB?

Ron<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It won't need to be. We can write into this program anything you want. All that is needed is a BMP file list and then you write rules to do the file swapping.

I just completely tested my RuleSet and it's a good thing I did 'cause I did find a few errors. But all is cool now. Just gotta send it off to Gordon, so he can get it ready to go.

I hope this CMMOS program and it's format becomes THE standard for distributing mods that come with "optional extras" (as most seem to do nowadays). I've already had the privilege of seeing it in action, and IT ROCKS! -- Great Work Gordon!

[ 08-29-2001: Message edited by: Manx ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gunnergoz:

Looks very tasty! :cool:

Would it work with terrain as well? (dumb question #9924797)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, all you have to do is to add extensions to all the terrain files, then write rules to change them out.

For example the rule I wrote to do my feldgrau repaint of Andrew's Heer uni is as follows:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

1#! Version 01.00

2#! Name Heer Feldgrau

3#! Files German_Uniforms.txt

4#! Icon Heer_Feldgrau.bmp

5#! Key 0000

6#! Rule Sets 4

7#@ Black Helmet

8_Heer_Feldgrau

9_Black

#@ Feldgrau Helmet

_Heer_Feldgrau

_Feldgrau

#@ Small Chickenwire Helmet

_Heer_Feldgrau

_Smallwire

#@ Large Chickenwire Helmet

_Heer_Feldgrau

_Largewire

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Line 1 is the version number of the rule.

Line 2 is the name of the Option within the RuleSet. In other words it is what will appear when you place your mouse over the icon

Line 3 is BMP list.txt file from which the rule reads from. (All of these have already been compiled and are included in the program)

Line 4 is the Icon name which the option uses

Line 5, the key is kinda like the "if exist" part in the batch files

Line 6 lists the number of sub-options for the main option

Line 7 is the first sub-option name

Line 8 shows what extensions to install, in this case, is the Heer uniform files, 5016-5019 and 5061 based on my file naming conventions.

Line 9 loads the "black helmet", again due to my file naming conventions

So to do a terrain ruleset, you would replace Line 2 with something like "Magua's Normandy set" and then Line 3 with "Terrain.txt"

Then if you wanted to do permeantations of the terrain set with different trees, say like you wanted to put in DD's trees instead of Magua's. You would write in two sub-options like

#@ Magua's Trees

_Normandy

_MaguaTrees

#@ DD's Trees

_Normandy

_DDTrees

_Normandy would load grass, brush, tree bases and other stuff.

_Magua/DDTrees would load just the trees

All of this rule writing information is included in the readme.rtf

[ 08-29-2001: Message edited by: Maximus ]

Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to create Mac executables. The program was written in Borland C++ Builder, and beyond the GUI-handling stuff, the logic is pretty straight-forward. If there's any Mac programmers out there who'd be interested in porting it, I'd be willing to share the code with them (and help as much, or as little, as I'm able).

Gordon

And yes, I find writing the rules pretty easy, but I do this crap for a living and I was partially responsible for the evolution of the batch files, so that probably makes me legally insane. smile.gif

Haven't got so excited about an add-on program to CM:BO since Fuerte's PBEM Helper!

Madmatt + Manx, get this out ASAP or I'll flood your home addresses with cheap nasty vinegar (the label will state "fine wine") all the way from Africa! smile.gif

Well done Gordon et al.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

I am going to try like hell to get this program and the first batch of CMMOS mods posted this week!

Madmatt<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

funny you mentioned that... Matthew Shane Peterson just sent me a CMMOS version of his wonderful Hi-Res Universal Carrier Mod Pack

now avaliable by us. :D

[edited cuz sprelling is so harde]

[ 08-30-2001: Message edited by: mensch ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Manx:

I hope this CMMOS program and it's format becomes THE standard for distributing mods that come with "optional extras" (as most seem to do nowadays). I've already had the privilege of seeing it in action, and IT ROCKS! -- Great Work Gordon!

[ 08-29-2001: Message edited by: Manx ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Manx,

Thanks. I would like to just state for the record here that I believe that CM Mod Manager (CMMM) and CM Mod Option Selector (CMMOS) are complimentary tools that when used together are better than the individual tools used separately.

Therefore, all the CMMOS mods that I create (and remember, all mods will not necessarily have to be CMMOS mods) will be CMMM-enabled.

Why? Because CMMM enables creation of a hierarchy of mods which allows you to always restore your BMP directory to a certain known state. Also, there will be cases where it simply won't make sense to create a CMMOS method to handle a mod's unique, options (e.g. I want to choose between leather and velour seats for my Kubelwagen). smile.gif

However, choosing the Canadian version of 15 separate Marco and company mods is a little too cumbersome in CMMM, but is exactly what CMMOS was designed to handle.

Well, off my soap-box and back into my dungeon to continue working on mods.

Gordon