WineCape II-The Final Thread

Congratulations, Fangorn! The game has been recorded and the standings updated. It's between Sledge59 and Fangorn now. Mike8g was taken out of the running by Fangorn's victory. One game left to go, with Mr Spkr as the spoiler.

Treeburst155 out.

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]</p>

MrSpkr and I are crawling along at blinding speed in the final game. We are just entering the BER phase. This is a true milestone considering all the technical and real life difficulties along the way.

The final standings will be extremely close. This tournament won't be decided until the last move. Even then it will come down to a few points at most.

In the case of a draw I have an extensively playtested BALANCED scenario for you. SuperTed and I have PBEMed it twice and I've also played it with MickOZ. I'm considering using it for the "Superbowl" scenario in the Wild Bill tournament. I hope you and Sledge59 do end up tied. :)

EDIT: At one time, Kiwi Joe, the winner of WineCape One, expressed a desire to take on the winner of this tournament. If he still wants to, and the winner of this tourney also wants to, I would be willing to use my Superbowl scenario for the match. I will contact Kiwi and see if he's still interested.

Treeburst155 out.

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]</p>

Tell ya what, Fangorn.....If you and Sledge59 don't need the scenario for a playoff I'll be happy to PBEM it with you if you want. A scenario can never be playtested too much, especially a "superbowl" scenario. I would send you the .cmb file so you could look both sides over in the editor and choose your side. That way we are on equal footing since I know both players' forces. I'm hoping for a draw in this tourney so you and Sledge59 can test it blind for me. ;)

Treeburst155 out.

Congratulations Fangorn, you’ve won! MrSpkr upheld your lead by earning 33 points vs. my 67.

It’s time to confess that I hadn’t yet completed a single PBEM game before this tourney started. It was good fun. Thanks to Treeburst155 for hosting, WineCape for sponsoring, and all the fine players who completed the event!

Sledge

Congratulations, Fangorn!!

It was a great race! Thanks to all you guys for finishing the tournament. I was a bit worried for awhile there.

Kiwi Joe, the winner of WineCape One, has expressed interest in playing the winner of this tournament. Unfortunately, he is having trouble running CM with his new Windows XP. If you are interested, Fangorn, you should email him. Maybe he's got it going now.

I will be offline for a few days. I have to replace a motherboard and a few other components that were destroyed by it.

Treeburst155 out.

Woo Hoo! I've won by three points! Now I know what Bush felt!

I want to thank Treebust and Wine Cape for sponsoring this wonderful tourney, and the players who participate. It was very fun.

Treebust, I would be glad to playtest the superbowl scenario with you, as soon as you build your system again (what happened, the IBM 75GXP contaminated the rest of the rig?).

KiwiJoe, here I come!

:D:D:D

Time for another sig!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Fangorn:

I want to thank Treebust and Wine Cape for sponsoring this wonderful tourney, and the players who participate. It was very fun.<hr></blockquote>

Hey, what about me? I could have made a last turn charge just to throw a wrench in the works, but I held my reserves til the end.

Seriously, it was a fun tournament. Kudos to all who completed it (I'm still irritated about chuckles and another player who shall remain nameless as they cost me beaucoup points), and especially to Treeburst and Winecape for sponsoring the tournment and being patient through my seemingly neverending computer problems from late August through mid November.

Oh yes, and congratulations Fangorn.

Steve

Congrats Fangorn for winning WineCape II!

Please e-mail me your full address details so that I can despatch the vino. Thanks to all participants as well as the ever patient #155 for his outstanding tourney management skills. Much appreciated Mike. This thread is at rest now! ;)

Best wishes and good luck to all in their future CM battles.

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

--------------------

The picnic was delicious, the wine was excellent, remind me to send the Cardinal a note.

-- Porthos in "The Three Musketeers" (1993)

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Hey, what about me? I could have made a last turn charge just to throw a wrench in the works, but I held my reserves til the end.

Steve<hr></blockquote>

:D

Ok, let me thank MrSpkr for the great work against Sledge.

I'm looking foward to new tourney, as well as rematchs against the tourney's players.

Also, I would like to thank Sledge, for teaching me never to play a setup I am not used to. If we have used normal troops, I believe I could have achived a better result in our game; Mike, for reassuring me the Brits have the worse inf. in the game :D ; MrSpkr, for remembering me that panzerschrecks aren't that good in the dark; Tincan, for some town defense techniques; Stug III, for the lessons I've learned in spearhead attacks; Chuckles, for the mechanized games info; tankbuster, for the use on board mortars can have.

I'm back online now, my computer problems solved.

I will be posting Fangorn's name permanently on my website as the winner of WineCape II. If he and Kiwi Joe should get together for a playoff I would be happy to provide a balanced meeting engagement for that game, if they so desire, and the winner would again be recognized on my page.

Thanks again to all of you who completed the tournament. I really appreciate it. There will be more tourneys after CMBB comes out.

Treeburst155 out.