Quick question about Combat Mission

Hi everyone,

Have to say, Combat Mission is a bit of a revelation to me, having just played the demo today. Ordered it already and will be waiting with baited breath. It's amazing to see such a large community for a game you can't get in the shops! Says something I'm sure. Anyway, enough rambling, here's the question...

Can you continue battles after the scenarios set number of turns have finished? I read in some faq that must have been written before the game was complete that they were planning this (although the score wouldn't change) but couldn't find any more info on the subject.

Thanks for reading!

Laurence (who like carrots)

Welcome to the community. I can assure you this may be the last game you buy for some time. At least until CMBB comes out this winter? smile.gif I have purchased 1 game in 14 months since I have owned this game.

Get into the mods, they make the game evenmore fun.

Anywho they have operations. You play a scenario in the operation for like 20 turns then move onto the next battle. And any units left will move with you.

I hope this is what you are asking about.

Gen

Once the set number of turns are completed the scenario ends. When you design a scenario you can have up to 60 turns, I believe, which represents 60 minutes of combat. Someone has designed an external end game randomizer that randomly adds or subtracts a certain number of turns from a base number of turns. I'm not exactly sure how it works.

Thanks for your answers.

You see I was playing the demo mission "Chance Encounter" as the allies, had knocked out all of the enemy armour quite early on and was happily pounding away at German infantry with big guns while moving some infantry in position for a rear attack. Unfortunately, it was game over before the decisive blow was struck and I thought it'd be nice if the full version let you play on (the same mission), even if the score or "official" outcome wouldn't change.

There are times when you will be thankful a maximum number of turns is imposed ;)

It may also be that the AI surrendered before the expected finish, especially if you were indeed giving them a good hiding, once the global morale drops below 15% an auto surrender will then occur.

But in answer to your original question - no you cannot extend any battle beyond the set number of turns for that scenario or quick battle.

May i also welcome you to the best wargame community ever - and also congrats on buying CM, it is the only game i have played in the last 18 months (And i used to buy just about every new game to hit the market, but not anymore)

Regards

CDIC

PS. When you get used to beating the AI try a PBEM game - it will change your gaming habits forever!

Well welcome to the board. You only think you're excited about the game now. Once you get it and realize how great it is you're going to be happy you didn't know cause you'd be busting with anticipation right now and probably die. Well, maybe not die but at least be all weird until it came. Anyway, hope you enjoy it and again welcome to this exceptional board and bunch of guys.

A word of warning.

When the Game arrives the CD will be inside the manual which is sealed in plastic. It's not in a normal hard cover case.

Alot of people including me almost died when we tore open the pacaging to find that they had forget the CD!!!. Of course they hadn't, it is "Inside" the maunal.

Just thought i would warn you.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stixx:

A word of warning.

When the Game arrives the CD will be inside the manual which is sealed in plastic. It's not in a normal hard cover case.

Alot of people including me almost died when we tore open the pacaging to find that they had forget the CD!!!. Of course they hadn't, it is "Inside" the maunal.

Just thought i would warn you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aww, you just spoiled half the fun! :D I think everyone should have to go through that little piece of hell, it's all part of the experience. :D

Carrots, welcome to an eclectic bunch of social misfits. Once the game arrives, you too will join our swelling ranks. MWUUHAAHA!

Heh heh, Phil's right... I've stubbornly stuck with the standard grass, but the existing mods are a beautiful thing. Seeing a new mod for the first time can be as satisfying as a well-executed ambush. The number of sites hosting mods continues to grow; while you wait for the game you should be downloading mods 24-7 (hope ya got two phone lines or something). Check the CM Webring (there's a link on the Battlefront main page) and start droolin'.

Hi Carrots, and welcome. You won't be finding any complete armor packs apart from the new CMMOS compatible (someone else will come along soon and tell you what it is) Panther, PzIV and (I believe) Sherman pack. For all your other armor needs look here:Combat missions, and click your way to the mod-list. This is a list that has most mods ever made listed on this page (except the very recent ones. Hasn't been updated lately), along with links where to get 'em. Enjoy! It'll keep you busy until the game arrives.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cpl Carrot:

Are there any wives/girlfriends that like it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it all depends on what you were doing before you got CM. If you were going out drinking with the guys, she'll probably enjoy having you at home more where she can keep an eye on you. If you were cleaning the house, doing the dishes, or giving foot massages, you'll probably soon be in the dog house...

:D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alan:

I have tried to talk my wife into playing. Her response was "There isn't enough color. Everything is green and brown."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever you do, don't ask her to describe a Panther tank for instance. Instead of a description along the lines of "German medium tank, well sloped armour, 75mm cannon and interleaved running gear" she'll probably just say..."I think it's brown in colour" :rolleyes:

Regards

Jim R.